Ideas for shoulders pouches

I've seen a few different ways, Velcro or elastic with Velcro tabs looped through the pouch straps then around the chest/shoulder strap. Some have a piece of Velcro glued on the armor and have the matching side glued to the pouch. Magnets have been used by some, which seems to work well as long as the pouch doesn't get knocked.

I'm sure there are heaps of different ways on MEPD ;) 

I attached mine to the pauldron and freed it from the strap. For me it improved arm movement. I used two pop rivets to secure it to edge of pauldron. Both hidden in first pouch. Still have same look and bonus to keep with pauldron when you take a break from pack on those long Con day troops.

I added an extra strap onto the left shoulder strap,  2 (1 will not work) snaps, and have had no problems.  I just CA (super) glued the extra strap on (shown in red in first photo), and glued another small piece of nylon around the base of the connection for added security (shown in blue in second photo).  You can hook this through either the top or bottom strap on the back of the pouch itself (photo 3).

Note that canvas packs are completely approvable for Sandies, but for HWT the packs must be made of "leather or leather-like material" for basic approval.  If you need a source for these, let me know via PM.

skaSJUP.jpg?3  bDrXbML.jpg?3  

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated