DStep's ANH stunt TK build (ATA)

DStep

Looking on the front it looks really great- very good job:jc_doublethumbup:

On the back I have some suggestions to make your suit look it`s best...well in my opinion atleast
First we have the shoulder bridges, there was a recent discussion regarding the big rear tab and it was established that it don`t exist on the movie suits and you can read about it here It`s allowed per CRL to have the big tab present but it looks much better without (my opinion) and is screen accurate -  totally up to you though, just wanted to let you know:salute:
3wxRzhF.jpg

The other thing is that there`s a lot of raised edges showing on the back of biceps and thighs. do you have room to make the pieces smaller? Or a combination of making them a bit smaller and using wider strips to help hide it better.
26iDEQ5.jpg
Overall your suit looks great and the general public would never notice this, I´m just trying to help you look your best - carry on Trooper:salute:

Hey thanks for the good eye and the feedback Daniel!

OK I did ask about the back of the shoulder bridges and some folks in my Garrison said to leave it for now. I'll check to see how much I should trim off.

On the biceps and thighs, they're already snug, so sounds like I'll need wider cover strips. I originally tried to stick to the recommended widths, but I see what you mean about the large space with the edges. I happened to switch to zap-a-gap for those cover strips, so I'm guessing I'll need to grind them away and make new strips.

I did have a question on the rear cover strip on the right thigh. The edge for the cover strip comes at an angle. It was how it ended up after sizing my thighs. Is there a certain way to correct this?
b8d1890dc613f039cfa4e303a11957e3.jpg

9 hours ago, DStep said:

On the biceps and thighs, they're already snug, so sounds like I'll need wider cover strips. I originally tried to stick to the recommended widths, but I see what you mean about the large space with the edges. I happened to switch to zap-a-gap for those cover strips, so I'm guessing I'll need to grind them away and make new strips.

If you`re not able to go any smaller at all this might be a hard fix as using strips to cover all of that won`t look good either and with using CA glue there is a risk of damaging the pieces when tying to pry of the strips so might be worth checking with your GML if it`s needed first.

If trying to fix this I would try something like this….going a bit bigger with the strip and moving it to the right and one can go further than illustrated to even out the gaps at the bottom, see "hollow arrow" but that would make the seam look of, see "full arrow"....Another option would be to cut the flat surface and shim but that would be alot of work so the bottom line is to check with GML first:)

5SmlB4L.jpg

• Like 1

If you`re not able to go any smaller at all this might be a hard fix as using strips to cover all of that won`t look good either and with using CA glue there is a risk of damaging the pieces when tying to pry of the strips so might be worth checking with your GML if it`s needed first.

If trying to fix this I would try something like this….going a bit bigger with the strip and moving it to the right and one can go further than illustrated to even out the gaps at the bottom, see "hollow arrow" but that would make the seam look of, see "full arrow"....Another option would be to cut the flat surface and shim but that would be alot of work so the bottom line is to check with GML first
5SmlB4L.jpg

OK sounds good, thanks again for the help!
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...