Mounting Lens

StrmTRPR85

I mount mine with a slight gap. I use cork glued to the helmet and then I am able to crew the lenses into the cork so I can always change them easily is needed. The gap I have you cant even notice. Its probably less then a 1/16 of an inch.

• Like 1

I mount mine pretty much as Dave as said but without the gap, I hold in place with a few dabs of hot glue then use the corking/silicon which dries overnight.

• Like 1

I did leave a small (1/16th) gap between the lens and opening, but just at the top.  I found that this allows a small amount of air circulation which helps keep my lenses from fogging up.  Speaking of which, if you should have that problem, just dab a small bit of foam style shaving cream on the inside.  Rub it around, let it dry, and wipe it off with a soft dry cloth.  No more fogged lenses.

I’m curious how the Velcro liner is working out in your lid. I’m thinking of copying your idea because I like the idea of being able to easily attach and adjust things like the electronics etc. have you tried that stuff out yet? Feel like things are going to hold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, good to know. I think I might go for it. I feel like a bobble head in my lid right now. I’m using the screen accurate foam RS sends with it but I think I’m going to trade it out for a hard hat liner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk