Radio Shack Newton amp

Anyone know where to get one, or something similar? I think the newton isnt made anymore, but i thought there was some new version out. My triktoys amp just isnt loud enough, and everyone who has that newton amp i can hear them from quite a ways away, and i can understand them clearly. People stand right in front of me, outside on a busy street, and they are always "what?", so i really need to fix this. Any other suggestions would be good too. i had the hovi spekaers, but disconnected those to opt for a speaker in the chest plate, its a bit clearer, but still not very loud. I do however want to avoid the expensive stuff, (like rom fx n such)as i dont see it necissary for a tk or scout. Anything anyone may knowwould be helpful. thanks all!

here is the link to it on their website:

----------

Model: 277-1008

Catalog #: 277-1008

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I just got a Newton amp and I'm having a tough time. It seems to be too big to place under my chest plate. I put it under and it pushes out so far it looks really bad.

Started to tear it apart to see if it can fit a different way. Still pretty bulky

Any thoughts on this? Help would be greatly appreciated,

I tried to slim mine down, but it's going to be challenging. the back holds all those batteries in place and the front holds the speaker in place. You'd have to place the speaker somewhere else and just keep the back half of the plastic. That would allow you to lose the front.

those newtons are so loud, you might be able to fit it in the back plate. The volume shouoldn't be a problem. Modify the circle part to be covered by a small amount of mesh painted white and blow it out there.

• 1 month later...

I have had no luck in getting volume from my Aerator speakers setup so went with the Radio Shack Amp in the front chest plate and a powered headset. Works great and even sounds trooperish.

The Newton can be made to work, but you would have to remove the speaker and figure out how to wire it to the front and keep the battery pack and board hidden somewhere else (in the back armor?). Doable? probably. but to much work! :P

Ive seem some troopers with it just clipped around the waist as is... but I think thats cheating!

• 4 weeks later...

imnot trying to hide mine. im just going to clip it onto the belt. Thats what my garrison mates do. Havent been aboe to get ointoch with one of them tonight so i posted another thread about it.

Ive heard that when people take the newtons apart they dont work, so im not going there. just gonna hang it from my belt. Noone notices them but "our people" anyway, and its white and fits in with the armor. And everyone will be able to hear me at a busy con. :)