HOWTO: Make your own T-Track...

ok...

i started with some scrap syrene. ABS will also work, of course. because i was doing this for a KENNER/HASBRO type e-11, i made the "top" of the T 13cm long, by 1 cm wide. for the other part of the T, i cut out another piece the same size. i then shaved and rounded the corners off, and test-fitted the pieces.

i then used a hot melt glue gun to glue the two pieces together. be sure to use a VERY thin bead of hot melt glue on the bottom of the t-track, to minimize blobbing. once the two pieces were held together (almost instanly), i put the nozzel of the hot melt glue glun to the corners of where i just glued, and ran a bead down the sides of each t-tracks, creating an even, nearly seamless bond.

some pics:

FuVThfD.jpg

v0pHSAs.jpg

i will be putting the T-tracks here...

WGEixm0.jpg

primed T-tracks

after priming, i used rustoleum gloss black to piant it. after it dries, i will install, and weather to match my e-11. as of now, i'm waiting for paint to dry...

i hope people will find this usefull. i will probably end up posting more pics, and maybe a video, if need be.

enjoy... B)

Cool!

Took me a bit to figure out what the heck a T-Track was, but I think I got it now.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to make a gun from scratch for fun, or modify the toy blaster like you and others have done.

Maybe both, eventually!