Freddy's ANH E11 Blaster Build - a student's path to join the Empire

Freduster

Oh damn, that would have been nice! Well, I'm working towards Power of the Force Con in early August at the moment, that might work as well..

Last layer of black paint has been applied today, last thing to follow is the clear coat and then I can finally print out the E11 completion certificate ;)

• Like 2

Right, second to last update: layers of clear coat have been applied and the blaster has been hung up. First, because this way it'll dry a lot faster, and second, I will now need the space on the workbench for the armor :)

QNuirok.jpg

Zy6aDXS.jpg

I went to the DIY store today as well to check out how much a custom-cut piece of decent wood would cost me, and after I heard that it was gonna be about 2 euros I decided that I am going to build a nice E11 display as well, and I guess the best way to show it to everyone is to open an extra thread for that :) so save the date guys!

Last update should come in tomorrow after a couple of nice shots have been taken.

Cheers for reading, Freddy

• Like 1

And here we are: since I couldn't reach the forum on Saturday and since I was busy yesterday, finally this will be the last update of this blaster build. Kinda sad, but there's still so much more to come, I certainly won't get bored :) Right, let's speak RESULTS:

ghcVRS1.jpg

2vBeFdJ.jpg

IXvVBI2.jpg

oOfKHSY.jpg

TYz3G30.jpg

Gotta teach my dog some manners apparently, he's not too amused :(

Anyway, I am pretty happy with how the E-11 turned out - it is definitely not the nicest or most accurate build, but it does look pretty damn realistic and for my very first blaster (or even cosplay-like project), I am quite satisfied!

Again, thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and helped me out when I got stuck, and hopefully we'll read from each other in other threads (maybe even my TK build thread or the E-11 Blaster Display I have planned and want to start in the next couple of days :)

And again, thanks for reading, and feel free to leave some feedback so I won't get into trouble in my next E-11 build :)

Freddy out, see ya out there trooping some day!

• Like 2

Congratulations on finishing your (first;)) E-11 blaster, Freddy. It will surely be more than enough to troop with your RS armor soon. I am keeping fingers crossed for that build too and wish you a good time with the blaster and your suit.

And yes, I am sure we manage to meet someday at an event... :salute:

• Freduster changed the title to Freddy's ANH E11 Blaster Build - a student's path to join the Empire