Libricon 2017 Grande Prairie Alberta

Soulart

Best do this before I get sidetracked! Squirrel!!!!!
More like, "Teresa, you should be sewing gaskets!"

The past few years that this event has taken place, there was never an approved Legion presence. Last year, though I was the only member approved, the event had given up requesting us as we always had to decline due to no interest to travel here for them. (Over 5 hours one way to where I live) I learnt about it after the fact....

This year, I reached out to them to let them know to not give up hope. That we indeed were here, and would love to come!
Thankfully, they believed me, put in a request, and were thrilled to know we would be attending!
The coordinator was gracious, gave us a big corner of the room, and made us most comfortable.

This is a tiny con, held in the 2 stories of the city's library. They host gaming competitions, character reading, panels on a multitude of things offered in our community, vendor area, artists, and a big cosplay costume contest at which I was asked to be one of 3 judges. There was over 80 groups or individuals that took part in the contest, and there were some great costumes!
Actually, I must say, that it was heartwarming to see that the majority of the 500 plus attendees, were in costume!

I knew this event would be mostly to inform the masses as to what the Legion is. What we stand for, what we do, who we are, and why we do what we do. I went to recruit. Generate interest. Spread knowledge in a foreign territory that was unaware of us. I did have my helmet off most of the day, as I spoke to many, encouraged them, discussed with attendees who our Garrison was. Many girls and women thrilled to see a lady stormtrooper, and thought it cool that we could be one. I certainly did my part being a Lady of the Legion!
It really was a great day! Several people actually follow our FB page, as well as have been researching us! Very lovely to learn.
We accomplished what my brother Peter ( our event coordinator) and I hoped would happen for this event. It was not a stand there take pics day. It was an informative, spread the good word day! (And of course look great and take pics too.)

We were involved in the con itself, from judging and helping here and there, and discussed with the organizers how we could be more involved next year. Speaking at panels, doing something hands on etc, a more formidable set...

All in all it was a beautiful day, at which the Garrison represented well. I feel it was a very important moment for this area, and for future Legion members. (Actually, both the Rebel and 501st as I advocated for both.) Why not! We are going to need more members of both sides up here!!!!

I will be building a cool set for next year for this event.

In attendance were 
Dave Fuller TK 
Sooraya Nuthall Jawa (my daughter in laws first troop.)
And myself TK 

With loyalty, and a happy heart,
SoulArt
TK 41307
Badlands Garrison Alberta 7928fac69294286ae8e1b555ea1d6933.jpg509f59b51289a0eb8aa565d40ece914f.jpg0035f77feb4d83a73e4b72faa071b8b2.jpgf0757d104f3e64dcc00cbf1dad9e42e1.jpgf8b8a908337c9e7504fbc686cd054da1.jpg15e2b4ab11ba573c293945889633a84e.jpg62024e89bc21aa663a9c59cde337f22c.jpgae323285cdda16f759a65b1c07225f05.jpgc05a1c226f9e87388fcd713e0579427e.jpg541893770e83888735435fe718532d7c.jpg94856b89d021194a640737bd17a33004.jpg1773b944a48bd7d4264f82d341399fb6.jpg7571623813bae9667b568ab3c984b334.jpg

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Nothing short of epic - wish I could have made it.

Keep up the stellar work my TK Twin - it’s absolutely amazing the amount of troops now being requested in your area!!!

You the one lonely trooper, in the middle of nowhere started it all -now 2 TK’s, 2 new Jawa’s, another 3 TK’s soon to join the ranks with Gaskets coming out of your ears - you are nothing short of amazing and a machine.

My bucket off to you, as well as my continued support - keep rocking girl !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Nothing short of epic - wish I could have made it.

Keep up the stellar work my TK Twin - it’s absolutely amazing the amount of troops now being requested in your area!!!

You the one lonely trooper, in the middle of nowhere started it all -now 2 TK’s, 2 new Jawa’s, another 3 TK’s soon to join the ranks with Gaskets coming out of your ears - you are nothing short of amazing and a machine.

My bucket off to you, as well as my continued support - keep rocking girl !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wish you and Peter could have been there. You both would have found it as equally exciting as I did. Pioneering. Thrilling. I was so happy to be there. It was a very important meeting moment. I felt it in my heart that it had significant meaning. That the timing of it, all of it was right. For the area. For the Garrison/Legion... hard to explain.

The feeling was just right all around.

Ability to truly share with people. Time to converse and explain.

Perhaps next year, you both can join in, and speak with me at a panel or two I'd like to offer.

Thank you for your compliments. You'd have loved this event!

• Like 1

Way to go Teresa! - going to the outer reaches to represent! You inspire us newbies and show the veterans that there still battles to be won! I and others solute you :salute:
Thank you :)

• Like 1

To me, this is what it's all about. Way to go Teresa! I was born I Calgary but I've lived in Toronto for the last 20 years. I can hardly wait to have my TK built so I can do this sort of thing too. Would like to know when this happens next year. I still have family in Alberta and might be able to make it a big trip back home for a visit and to troop with you.

Cheers!

• Like 1

To me, this is what it's all about. Way to go Teresa! I was born I Calgary but I've lived in Toronto for the last 20 years. I can hardly wait to have my TK built so I can do this sort of thing too. Would like to know when this happens next year. I still have family in Alberta and might be able to make it a big trip back home for a visit and to troop with you.

Cheers!
How incredible would that be!!!!! You are most welcome TK! It would be great to have you there! :)