Skinny Ppl & Armor

So, I'm bidding on an armor set, and have a couple informational emails out for costs, etc., on armors...

but....

One thing I started thinking about. I'm pretty dang skinny. I'm 6'3" and about 150lb.

Has anyone ever put foam padding under all of the armor plates, so that the armor isn't about as skinny as you are?

It just seems that if I end up molding the armor to about my arm size, that it'd just look horrid.

Any responses from people my frame size would be great!

Thanks1

Check out this thread:

----------

Works for skinny, tall guys as well :-P

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

cranky said:

Check out this thread:

-------------

heh. heh.

Well, it looks like people do recommend putting some foam in between. Is this 501st acceptable? Just as long as it's hidden I assume?

Edited by gmrhodes13

heh. heh.

Well, it looks like people do recommend putting some foam in between. Is this 501st acceptable? Just as long as it's hidden I assume?

Yup. Some people use more foam than others. Most people use gray, but I've used white as well. ANH (AP, TE2, etc.) I've found requires more foam to get it to hang/look right. I have some in my back plate, butt plate (I have no an impolite person), and biceps. On my FX I just use a little in my forearms.

Some really skinny people even wear a muscle suit underneath.

If you're really, really skinny, maybe this works:

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13

I want one of those!!! Where did you see them?

I'm glad this is acceptable. I think I'm in the same boat, although a bit more heavy (6'2 160) It will be interesting once I make mine to see how it fits. One of my friends wants me to make him a set, but he it 6'11, and about 150 I'd say :blink: THAT would be an interesting trooper...

I want one of those!!! Where did you see them?

That was from a Norwegian site, but just google sumosuit or something, loads of hits:-)

My stepdad offered to get me one. Hehe.

I myself am 6'1" 145lbs TK.........and i padded the heck out of just about everything. All i used was yellow seating foam and hot glued 2 to 4 inch strips inside my armor pieces. I added a little bit more for the thigh pieces (on in each quadrant) so they would hold nice and snug on my thighs which has replaced the need for straps from my ab piece the the thigh pieces. After all of that no one has been the wiser and says my armor looks great on me.

cranky said:

Check out this thread:

-----------

LOL, yup. :lol:

i have foam in nearly all my pieces. except the chest, up by the pecs. i should really put some there... :mellow:

6'5", 125 lbs. i'm also kinda young for all this... in theory, i should get bigger with age... :lol:

Edited by gmrhodes13

6' 11 and 150 pounds......6' 5" and 125 pounds... :blink: This forum resides on the planet earth.....Right? I'm 6' 4". When I was 18 I weighed 196 pounds and my ribs were showing. I would do anything to get back to that weight. If you guys have a secret to staying slim I'd sure like a tip or two. I'd love to be 220 again.

For some costumes I have to rely on this to fill em out but not sure how it would fair up under the TK Armor.

--------------

For the TK I use square foam padding about half inch thick & double up in some places (thighs), sorry no pic's though :(

Edited by gmrhodes13