New Character/New CRL?

Tee-Bowls

14 hours ago, Peregrinus said:

I'm getting everything staged to start this build, myself. Wanted to offer what I've gleaned from reading the novel, and bounce what I see off you folks.

• Phasma's armor differences are hers and hers alone. The altered greaves are because she's taller than standard, and like that. Her helmet is also a one-off, being a prototype design General Hux the elder rejected, but that she preferred. Cardinal is (for his life prior to and through most of the book) a party-line-toeing, perfect-paragon First Order Stormtrooper. He wears the standard approved armor and helmet. Just in red.

• Regarding which, I'm going with RustOleum's gloss paint-and-primer "Cardinal Red". The captured Resistance spy spits blood on his boot and notices in passing her blood and the boot are different shades of red.

• Even more relevant to the boots... The promo poster cuts off just below the knees. But the agent's spat blood hits "plastoid". Hence, to my mind, armor. So I'm doing my build with Phasma-style three-piece boot armor (in red) over black boots.

• He jabs his blaster in the agent's back several times, one-handed. This seems more in keeping with an SE-44C than an F-11. Between that, his training role aboard-ship, events late in the story where he takes a blaster rifle off a rack, and the poster art, I'm going with he has his sidearm, but normally doesn't go around carrying a rifle. And yes, per book description and others' mentions above, the casing is gloss red instead of white. I would have an F-11 as optional, and in standard black-and-white.

• Just specifically pointing out that the palms of his gloves are red instead of the standard white, also.

• Lastly, the cape. Both book cover and poster show it off the opposite shoulder as Phasma's. I am a little curious at how people are seeing the cape trim. From the instant I picked the book up in the book store the weekend it came out to right now, I see that stripe as a warm medium gray -- not maroon.

Oh -- and an additional thing. There are two more images floating around out there so far. One of Phasma and Cardinal in a firefight, and one (posted upthread) a close-up of him holding his helmet under his arm. Both of these are unofficial fan-art. Good, but not to be viewed as reference sources.

I had been accumulating to build a heavy-weapons trooper. Then this book came out. I'm glad now that I ran into delays. :)

Oh good Info! Thank you! I agree along the lines of the cape trim/stripe as a gray. I'm still going to print an F-11D in red so it matches, however I could also . Talking about the boots though. Could't they still be the normal FOTK boots but red in color? The "plastoid" could refer to the material. I know they aren't going to be using the words leather to describe the boots or gloves. Once again thank you especially for the Rustoeleum tip! I was looking for a good paint /color to use.

2 minutes ago, Tee-Bowls said:

Oh good Info! Thank you! I agree along the lines of the cape trim/stripe as a gray. I'm still going to print an F-11D in red so it matches, however I could also . Talking about the boots though. Could't they still be the normal FOTK boots but red in color? The "plastoid" could refer to the material. I know they aren't going to be using the words leather to describe the boots or gloves. Once again thank you especially for the Rustoeleum tip! I was looking for a good paint /color to use.

Good food for thought. I've just re-skimmed Phasma for pertinent details and to make sure of the wording. Regarding the cape trim, I am specifically going with Setacolor's #89 "Taupe" fabric paint. There are various sources, but I'm getting mine from Dharma Trading -- link for those not wanting to run it down themselves. Frankly, I'm a little puzzled by the choice to depict is as gray -- both his and Phasma's are repeatedly referred to as "Captain's cape"s, and different colored trim soooooorta indicates a difference between them of some kind. Maybe gray is standard, and Phasma went with red because she does what she wants.

Blasters, now... In order, and trying not to give anything story-related away... First, he snaps binders on the spy's wrists. A minute or so later, he jams his blaster into her belly. So he had it holstered while his hands were occupied with the binders. Another minute or so after that, he spins her to walk in front of him and jabs her in the back with his blaster. Also implying one-handed use. Ditto the trip to the interrogation room, where he keeps holding the blaster on her while punching things into the lift and door panels. After he gets her manacled into the interrogation chair and makes sure the room is secure, it's back on his hip, "red and gleaming". And, toward the end of the book, he "pulls out his red blaster". The F-11 is majority black -- especially from the top, which is what would be facing out when holstered. The most white visible would be the power cell housing and the butt cap. I feel like the mostly-covering case of the SE-44C is a better fit for "red and gleaming". He also spends time over the rest of the book habitually tapping it and resting his hand on it, which are more things one does with a holstered sidearm than something the size of a blaster rifle. But, moving on...

He has been in combat and has killed enemies of the First Order and he has trained all the new kids on all the weapons, so I have zero doubt he knows how to handle an F-11 along with everything else. There's also a passage from right after his promotion when he was accompanying Hux the Elder, "blaster at the ready". He doesn't seem to have been carrying it for the events of the book, though. At a point I won't mention, he's going through and getting dressed and ready, and there's mention that he checks "each of his weapons" -- indicating plural, to me -- but then "ensuring his blaster is primed" -- singular. An observation of the costume variants is that the troopers that are carrying the bigger guns -- F-11 or megablaster -- have SE-44's on their hips, while the ones with the riot batons and shields have F-11s on their hips. Between those main points, I feel that blaster referred to is the same sidearm implied throughout. So. My ultimate conclusion is that Cardinal carries an F-11 when he's on guard duty for Brendol Hux or going into combat, and not at other times. I don't know whether he keeps one in his quarters, but I figure not or he would have prepped it, too. I don't know if he has one reserved for him in the armory -- possibly one with red trim and a fixed stock extension -- or if he just checks one out when needed.

(And I misremembered in my original post, above -- it was a riot baton he picked up, and another one that Phasma took off the rack. Not a blaster rifle.)

And as for the boots... They've been referred to as leather in the past. The only commentary I've found on First Order boots one way or the other so far is them being pointed out as "positive-grip boots" in the Visual Dictionary. Not much help. I've been reacquainting myself with everything since this all came up over the last week or two. Phasma and the Flametroopers both have black boots and three-piece boot armor setups. The armor pieces around the ankle and heel are slightly different shapes between the two (and another different style is on the Snowtroopers), but the main sabaton piece conformal to the toe and arch are the same between the two (just chrome on Phasma). And the spy is specifically noting it as "flawless plastoid" that her blood landed on. I've only ever seen the word applied to armor pieces, not anything that has to flex. I'm gonna stand by the red being boot armor.

7 minutes ago, Peregrinus said:

Good food for thought. I've just re-skimmed Phasma for pertinent details and to make sure of the wording. Regarding the cape trim, I am specifically going with Setacolor's #89 "Taupe" fabric paint. There are various sources, but I'm getting mine from Dharma Trading -- link for those not wanting to run it down themselves. Frankly, I'm a little puzzled by the choice to depict is as gray -- both his and Phasma's are repeatedly referred to as "Captain's cape"s, and different colored trim soooooorta indicates a difference between them of some kind. Maybe gray is standard, and Phasma went with red because she does what she wants.

Blasters, now... In order, and trying not to give anything story-related away... First, he snaps binders on the spy's wrists. A minute or so later, he jams his blaster into her belly. So he had it holstered while his hands were occupied with the binders. Another minute or so after that, he spins her to walk in front of him and jabs her in the back with his blaster. Also implying one-handed use. Ditto the trip to the interrogation room, where he keeps holding the blaster on her while punching things into the lift and door panels. After he gets her manacled into the interrogation chair and makes sure the room is secure, it's back on his hip, "red and gleaming". And, toward the end of the book, he "pulls out his red blaster". The F-11 is majority black -- especially from the top, which is what would be facing out when holstered. The most white visible would be the power cell housing and the butt cap. I feel like the mostly-covering case of the SE-44C is a better fit for "red and gleaming". He also spends time over the rest of the book habitually tapping it and resting his hand on it, which are more things one does with a holstered sidearm than something the size of a blaster rifle. But, moving on...

He has been in combat and has killed enemies of the First Order and he has trained all the new kids on all the weapons, so I have zero doubt he knows how to handle an F-11 along with everything else. There's also a passage from right after his promotion when he was accompanying Hux the Elder, "blaster at the ready". He doesn't seem to have been carrying it for the events of the book, though. At a point I won't mention, he's going through and getting dressed and ready, and there's mention that he checks "each of his weapons" -- indicating plural, to me -- but then "ensuring his blaster is primed" -- singular. An observation of the costume variants is that the troopers that are carrying the bigger guns -- F-11 or megablaster -- have SE-44's on their hips, while the ones with the riot batons and shields have F-11s on their hips. Between those main points, I feel that blaster referred to is the same sidearm implied throughout. So. My ultimate conclusion is that Cardinal carries an F-11 when he's on guard duty for Brendol Hux or going into combat, and not at other times. I don't know whether he keeps one in his quarters, but I figure not or he would have prepped it, too. I don't know if he has one reserved for him in the armory -- possibly one with red trim and a fixed stock extension -- or if he just checks one out when needed.

(And I misremembered in my original post, above -- it was a riot baton he picked up, and another one that Phasma took off the rack. Not a blaster rifle.)

And as for the boots... They've been referred to as leather in the past. The only commentary I've found on First Order boots one way or the other so far is them being pointed out as "positive-grip boots" in the Visual Dictionary. Not much help. I've been reacquainting myself with everything since this all came up over the last week or two. Phasma and the Flametroopers both have black boots and three-piece boot armor setups. The armor pieces around the ankle and heel are slightly different shapes between the two (and another different style is on the Snowtroopers), but the main sabaton piece conformal to the toe and arch are the same between the two (just chrome on Phasma). And the spy is specifically noting it as "flawless plastoid" that her blood landed on. I've only ever seen the word applied to armor pieces, not anything that has to flex. I'm gonna stand by the red being boot armor.

Oh I completely agree about the SE-44C being red and black in its construction and as you've noted he would have his own F-11D for guard duty so it would be safe to assume if they made everything else red for him, that would be included as well. I'm going to be printing both out in red and black just for fun and if one doesn't get added to the CRL no big deal. 

Now to the boots. There's the problem with having such limited images of him. I completely forgot about Flametroopers having the 3 piece armor set up So I was thinking it was Phasma being Phasma again (Like with the red cape stripe or her custom prototype helmet) and doing her own thing. If that's the case then somebody needs to email Imperial Boots and tell them not to do the boot run! I also need to find out if I can get the extra pieces when I get my armor kit! 

1 hour ago, Tee-Bowls said:

Oh I completely agree about the SE-44C being red and black in its construction and as you've noted he would have his own F-11D for guard duty so it would be safe to assume if they made everything else red for him, that would be included as well. I'm going to be printing both out in red and black just for fun and if one doesn't get added to the CRL no big deal. 

Now to the boots. There's the problem with having such limited images of him. I completely forgot about Flametroopers having the 3 piece armor set up So I was thinking it was Phasma being Phasma again (Like with the red cape stripe or her custom prototype helmet) and doing her own thing. If that's the case then somebody needs to email Imperial Boots and tell them not to do the boot run! I also need to find out if I can get the extra pieces when I get my armor kit! 

I already told them I was double checking with the author what was in her mind's eye when writing that, but did say I have a strong feeling they're black boots with red armor rather than red boots. Annoyingly, I haven't heard back from her yet (I initially had been before I was going to post here, but it had been a week and I hadn't heard back, so I decided I'd rather contribute what I did have in here for now, and follow up as I had more).

And that's sorta how I feel about the blasters, too. My main focus is going to be on getting an SE-44C done ASAP, cuz it's sorta required on the thigh except events where weapons are prohibited, and it's fairly unobtrusive. The F-11 I'll work on after New Year's when I can dedicate the attention to it it deserves. I'm going to undercoat the appropriate bits in white, anyway, to make the red pop the same way as it will on the rest of the red pieces. Then hold off on the red until things become clearer. I'm hoping for it -- I think the red will make the silver rings on the scope pop nicely. Not sure what to do about the base plate on the power cell, though...

Some new data. :) Delilah told me the illustrators worked from her descriptions, so I was right in considering the prose the primary source, with everything else to be judged by how closely it follows that.

She was, in fact, thinking of Phasma's boots and cape and paralleling Cardinal with her. So black boots with three-part armor coverage, with the armor the color of the rest of the armor. I also asked for clarification on the cape matter, since the description in the book doesn't mention a trim stripe on his at all, let alone color. If she told the illustrators gray, fine. If they made that up out of lack of data, I don't know how we should treat that. If she intended it to be apparent his and Phasma's capes were identical symbols of rank, she might have presumed they'd know that to include the red trim. I'll keep y'all posted.

As far as ImperialBoots, I let Vincent know all of this as it's been developing and he just sent me this:

If the boots are black with the armor bits over, then we will assume these are the same as phasma boots which we are almost done making; they will come with sewed on velcro patches allowing for the armor plates to be securely held. 
That also removes the headache of finding leather for gloves that match the same hue as the [boot leather, if the boots were red*]. 

[*Edited to clarify non-native-English. The leather for the boots is a different kind/weight from the leather for the palms of the gloves, and trying to match them was proving a headache.]

Since we will be introducing Limited Edition products (they will not be a permanent addition to the catalogue) I think we can work out something for the cardinal. Let me get the workshop confirm the finish date of the prototype boots and gloves. In the meantime it would be helpful if you have a Facebook group to add me so I can communicate with all of you at once since we will likely sell it as a combo Glove+Shoes.

I'll leave the call of adding him to the FB group to someone more admin-y.

16 hours ago, Peregrinus said:

Some new data. :) Delilah told me the illustrators worked from her descriptions, so I was right in considering the prose the primary source, with everything else to be judged by how closely it follows that.

She was, in fact, thinking of Phasma's boots and cape and paralleling Cardinal with her. So black boots with three-part armor coverage, with the armor the color of the rest of the armor. I also asked for clarification on the cape matter, since the description in the book doesn't mention a trim stripe on his at all, let alone color. If she told the illustrators gray, fine. If they made that up out of lack of data, I don't know how we should treat that. If she intended it to be apparent his and Phasma's capes were identical symbols of rank, she might have presumed they'd know that to include the red trim. I'll keep y'all posted.

As far as ImperialBoots, I let Vincent know all of this as it's been developing and he just sent me this:

This is awesome data! Well I was able to add the Phasma style boot armor parts to my armor purchase so I'll be good to go. i now need to figure out what type of boots Phasma has in case ImperialBoots takes forever to finish making them. I also need to figure out how to dye the gloves for the same reason. I guess with the cape trim we'll have to go off the illustrations (Grey Stripe) until more information becomes available. 

From what I've seen in the Visual Dictionary and from pictures at the various exhibitions, all the First Order Stormtroopers (except the Snowtroopers) have the same boots. The regular troopers, including heavy weapon and riot control, have them in white with black soles. The Flametroopers and Phasma have them in black with black soles. Not being able to see under the armor pieces, I'm not 110% certain, but the overall lines are the same, the soles are the same, and the visible portions at the sides are the same. It would be easier from a production standpoint. Plus, since they re-used the Stormtrooper boots for the 'Troopers in Rogue One, I think they re-used the black ones for the Death Troopers. I'd have to check.

But I'm just getting them in black from Gio.

I told Vincent they should just focus on finding the same leather they use for their existing First Order Stormtrooper gloves in red and it should all be good. I don't think it'll take them too long, but in a pinch, from what I remember from living in Vegas, there are at least a few non-Tandy leather shops around. You should be able to find a good red dye and someone on hand who can give you tips on how to achieve the best result (or there's also the internet, I suppose).

So if that's the case would that the boots be black or would they be red underneath the armor pieces? 

37 minutes ago, Peregrinus said:

From what I've seen in the Visual Dictionary and from pictures at the various exhibitions, all the First Order Stormtroopers (except the Snowtroopers) have the same boots. The regular troopers, including heavy weapon and riot control, have them in white with black soles. The Flametroopers and Phasma have them in black with black soles. Not being able to see under the armor pieces, I'm not 110% certain, but the overall lines are the same, the soles are the same, and the visible portions at the sides are the same. It would be easier from a production standpoint. Plus, since they re-used the Stormtrooper boots for the 'Troopers in Rogue One, I think they re-used the black ones for the Death Troopers. I'd have to check.

But I'm just getting them in black from Gio.

I told Vincent they should just focus on finding the same leather they use for their existing First Order Stormtrooper gloves in red and it should all be good. I don't think it'll take them too long, but in a pinch, from what I remember from living in Vegas, there are at least a few non-Tandy leather shops around. You should be able to find a good red dye and someone on hand who can give you tips on how to achieve the best result (or there's also the internet, I suppose).

4 hours ago, Tee-Bowls said:

So if that's the case would that the boots be black or would they be red underneath the armor pieces? 

Black, by the precedent of the only other troopers with boot armor, even though their armor is different colors. The Flametroopers have white armor, white boot armor, and black boots. Phasma has chrome armor, chrome boot armor, and black boots. So it wouldn't matter that Cardinal's armor is red. That's not relevant in either of the other cases.

For reference, standard Stomrtrooper boots:

2ZXPsRb.png

Flametrooper boots:

tumblr_o1ud376XA81seot4ho3_1280.jpg

And Phasma's boots:

2F2ooNG.jpg

Edited by Peregrinus

13 hours ago, Peregrinus said:

Black, by the precedent of the only other troopers with boot armor, even though their armor is different colors. The Flametroopers have white armor, white boot armor, and black boots. Phasma has chrome armor, chrome boot armor, and black boots. So it wouldn't matter that Cardinal's armor is red. That's not relevant in either of the other cases.

For reference, standard Stomrtrooper boots:

2ZXPsRb.png

Flametrooper boots:

tumblr_o1ud376XA81seot4ho3_1280.jpg

And Phasma's boots:

2F2ooNG.jpg

Oh thank you for the reference pictures. I totally understand what I need to do concerning the boots now. I might as well use my FOTK boots and dye them black. 

A couple of things about Cardinal when thinking about his armor:

"CD-0922 was one of the first of the new stormtroopers of what would later become the First Order"

"From the time I first put on this armor, he trusted me to keep him safe. He designed it himself because he said red was a color of power "

"Cardinal was presented by Hux with a personalized set of red Stormtrooper armor and given the name Cardinal"

So it was personalised armor designed by Hux early on in the rise of the First Order, could this explain where Phasma found a prototype helmet? But what other pieces did she use and what other pieces on Cardinal's armor was different to the standard FOTK's?

From the novel Phasma replicated a standard FOTK's set of armor and a prototype helmet but no mention of any other pieces so it really doesn't explain why she is so different to other FOTK's, did she design some pieces herself, did she copy what she had seen on Cardinal's armor?.

A lot of this build is going to be an interpretation of what could of been worn until more solid references can be found / produced.

Keep up the great work, hopefully more images will come available, there is still more of the Cardinal's story to be told and hopefully it will be.

Edited by gmrhodes13

7 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

A couple of things about Cardinal when thinking about his armor:

"CD-0922 was one of the first of the new stormtroopers of what would later become the First Order"

"From the time I first put on this armor, he trusted me to keep him safe. He designed it himself because he said red was a color of power "

"Cardinal was presented by Hux with a personalized set of red Stormtrooper armor and given the name Cardinal"

So it was personalised armor designed by Hux early on in the rise of the First Order, could this explain where Phasma found a prototype helmet? But what other pieces did she use and what other pieces on Cardinal's armor was different to the standard FOTK's?

From the novel Phasma replicated a standard FOTK's set of armor and a prototype helmet but no mention of any other pieces so it really doesn't explain why she is so different to other FOTK's, did she design some pieces herself, did she copy what she had seen on Cardinal's armor?.

A lot of this build is going to be an interpretation of what could of been worn until more solid references can be found / produced.

Keep up the great work, hopefully more images will come available, there is still more of the Cardinal's story to be told and hopefully it will be.

All good points. At various other points, though, he recalls his time as a regular Stormtrooper before his promotion. The armor had been designed and approved and was in service for at least a little while prior to Hux the Elder doing a one-off red version for Cardinal. Per the art directly associated with the book, and that the author approved, it's more like "just a red version of the standard armor" than Phasma's deviation. Besides the lengthened greaves and the armored gloves/crushgaunts, the more minor differences with her armor can be easily ascribed to her having made it from the hull plating of Palpatine's yacht, on her own, using her assigned armor as a template for the automated replication facility she used.

He was one of the first First Order Stormtroopers, yes. He was one of the orphan children taken from Jakku to the Unknown Regions to be the nucleus of the new Stormtrooper corps once it became apparent the Empire was going to lose the Battle of Jakku.

I'm of the opinion the boot armor is part of the Captain's kit, along with the cape. Why I'm going with the specifically Phasma-shape boot armor on my build. My hunch is she added the crushgaunts sometime between when she made that armor and when we saw her in TFA. But overall, I'm satisfied the book cover and the poster are accurate.

• 2 weeks later...

I still think his boots are regular TK boots, not Phasma style. "plastoid" is the entire armor, in theory regular stormtrooper boots are plastoid but for practical purposes they're just leather boots for us "real folk"

Cloak trim I could see as a medium grey

On 9/25/2017 at 7:58 PM, Peregrinus said:

There's a facebook group for Captain Cardinal? I would like to be added please "Jayson Peyton" my profile is my as Kylo, can't miss it

If you're going to use Phasma as the model in terms of shin and boot armor for Cardinal, something else to consider is that Phasma's shin armor is different in TLJ. For TFA it's as the Visual Guide depicts. From a practical standpoint, that was done to account for Gwen Christie's atypical height - the screen FOTKs ranged from 5'8" to 6' tall whereas Gwen Christie is 6'3". Hence the extra material at the ankles.

For TLJ, the costume designers seem to have taken that into account and produced a set of shins to accommodate her longer legs. Now, her shins look a lot more like a typical trooper - spats and all.

c4e8c0f78356101d2b429a79c08e338f.jpg

• Like 1

Was Phasma that shiny chrome in TFA?

Nope. In TFA she was more of a blackwashed chrome. For TLJ, she appears to be more of a silvery-white chrome.

3 hours ago, tkrestonva said:

If you're going to use Phasma as the model in terms of shin and boot armor for Cardinal, something else to consider is that Phasma's shin armor is different in TLJ. For TFA it's as the Visual Guide depicts. From a practical standpoint, that was done to account for Gwen Christie's atypical height - the screen FOTKs ranged from 5'8" to 6' tall whereas Gwen Christie is 6'3". Hence the extra material at the ankles.

For TLJ, the costume designers seem to have taken that into account and produced a set of shins to accommodate her longer legs. Now, her shins look a lot more like a typical trooper - spats and all.

c4e8c0f78356101d2b429a79c08e338f.jpg

Man I love that shot.  Am I the only one who gets more excited about the FO characters than I do the Resistance ones?  Ever find yourself cheering for the "bad guys" in Star Wars? (well, except for ANH. That's sacred stuff right there)

• Like 1

I meant an FISD Facebook group. I don't even know if there is one.

As for the boot armor, when I asked, Delilah said the artists did their illustrations based on her descriptions -- which said illustrations don't go all the way down, to my annoyance. But she said she figured he'd have more armor parts like Phasma did than what a regular Stormtrooper has. So I'm sticking with sabatons.

In other news, Vincent sent me these pics of the prototype gloves. He said if there are at least ten people interested, they can start a run soon, so people who want gloves in time for TLJ can have them in time...

--Jonah

gloves1.jpg

gloves2.jpg

gloves3.jpg

Edited by Peregrinus
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Peregrinus said:

I meant an FISD Facebook group. I don't even know if there is one.

As for the boot armor, when I asked, Delilah said the artists did their illustrations based on her descriptions -- which said illustrations down go all the way down, to my annoyance. But she said she figured he'd have more armor parts like Phasma did than what a regular Stormtrooper has. So I'm sticking with sabatons.

In other news, Vincent sent me these pics of the prototype gloves. He said if there are at least ten people interested, they can start a run soon, so people who want gloves in time for TLJ can have them in time...

--Jonah

gloves1.jpg

gloves2.jpg

gloves3.jpg

Oh PM me and let me know how I can get in on the prototype run! These are awesome. Also it looks like Phamsa still has armor parts covering her boots. The major decision would have to be when does the Phasma book take place. If it takes place closer to TFA then I can see the older shin/boot armor but if it's closer to TLJ then that should be closer to the other shin set-up. I'm leaning closer to the events of TFA but that's my thoughts so far. 

Well, TLJ takes place immediately -- and I mean immediately -- following TFA. Cardinal deserted prior to TFA. Don't know by how much, but somewhere in the five years between Bloodline (Leia leaves at the end to establish the Resistance) and TFA. Hux the Younger is consolidating his position; Hux, Kylo, and Phasma are setting up as the triumvirate running things under Snoke; the Finalizer, Armitage Hux's ship, is becoming more important and central than the Absolution, Brendol Hux's ship and the one Cardinal's training facility is on.

Read the Captain Phasma miniseries from Marvel. It covers how she escaped from the Starkiller and regrouped with the First Order. Along the way, she had to ditch her armor. Don't know yet whether she was able to recover it, or had to re-create it, but she apparently upgraded a couple pieces (and maybe polished it, if it's mostly the same gear as before). I'm sticking with standard greaves, with the addition of Phasma's boot armor. My take on Cardinal, from the text, illustrations, and what the author told me, is that he wears mostly standard FOTK armor, just with the addition of the boot armor and cape.

I'd say everyone interested in getting the gloves should e-mail Imperial Boots directly, as well as post a "me, too" in this thread so we who are building this kit can keep track of how many more we need to get onboard for the run to happen. I've asked him if they're the same price as the regular FOTK gloves, or not. I'll let everyone know as soon as I do.

--Jonah

[ETA: Heard back from Vincent. Yeah -- the ten pairs minimum is to match the price of the regular FOTK gloves.]

Edited by Peregrinus

8 hours ago, Daetrin said:

Man I love that shot.  Am I the only one who gets more excited about the FO characters than I do the Resistance ones?  Ever find yourself cheering for the "bad guys" in Star Wars? (well, except for ANH. That's sacred stuff right there)

RIGHT!?