Sizing question for a shorter trooper

Hi everybody,

I'm working on armor for my girlfriend.  She is 5'2" and I'm need some advice on resizing it.  I'll attach a photo (if I remember).  Currently the overlap between the chest and abdomen pieces will cover up the top two buttons on the ab plate.  I'm wondering if that will be alright or if I need to cut off the cod piece and trim excess materiel there to show more of the ab buttons.  How do you approach the problem?

Thanks,

Steve

armor question.JPG

If you need to shorten the abdominal armor (which is likely) you can cut the cod where it meets the ab plate and remove a couple of inches off the plastic. The belt should cover the seam.

I'm 5' 3" and finishing up my first kit. Check out Cricket's and Fragarock's threads, which are both amazing resources for shorter troopers. I highly recommend cutting the cod, as that allows you to drop the abdomen quite a bit lower. Christine (Cricket) also ended up trimming the bottom of her chest piece and rebuilding the return edge, but I didn't have to as I have a long torso for my height. 

• Like 1

I've seen a few builds on local forums for the heightwarldy challenged and one in particular cut off some of the chest and back plate, made a wooden jig and heated and bent over a new return, not for the faint hearted but came out looking great and really fitted her height.

I would agree look at Crickets aka Christine, and fragarock aka Frank, their build threads are on FISD and worth a good read. I'm short too and I have trimmed the neck as well fragarock also did that. Do your research and as you know just cut a bit at a time. Armour can be made to look really good on us shorter troopers..... thankfully the Empire is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate against height.... or lack of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk