Executioner Stormtrooper Build (Jimmiroquai Set)

Kit Gutierrez

Hi! I'm Kit, TK44840 of the Philippine Garrison. Just wanna share photos of my First Order Judicial (FOJ? FOE?) / Executioner Stormtrooper (ETK? TKE? TE?) from the recently concluded Asia Pop ComiCon here in the Philippines...and Force Friday 2 here in Manila, Philippines. It's a Jimmiroquai TLJ FOTK set.

Here are the parts we identified that changed:
-FOTK bucket TLJ version
-black shoulder bells with First Order emblem
-back with black yoke
-thermal det with solid black extrusion 
-overlap in inner biceps

I say that the work Jim has put into the new TLJ FOTK is pretty spot on.

Hoping this would help others who are building this particular character.

STM4NJe.jpg

ipDHVwx.jpg

NlfbC0r.jpg

Edited by kitgutierrez
changed the uploaded photos to linked photos
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, kitgutierrez said:

haha!!! been a 501st member for quite sometime now..but its only now that i've explored the forum..haha!!

Go here bro ----> https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/186-501st-and-detachment-access-requests/ to access 501st members only area

As I've said on Facebook Kit...this must be a world first! You should be proud. I've shared your excellent work with a few here on FISD.

Definitely switch out your white FO emblem for a grey as an upgrade. What size did you run with ... current thinking is 2.25"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 9/8/2017 at 7:00 PM, JAFO said:

As I've said on Facebook Kit...this must be a world first! You should be proud. I've shared your excellent work with a few here on FISD.

Definitely switch out your white FO emblem for a grey as an upgrade. What size did you run with ... current thinking is 2.25"

Hey there! yes i remember you saying that and im proud of what Jim & I have accomplished even with very limited reference photos. I feel very lucky that we have Jim here  

Its already gray...but i havent changed the size yet due to immediate troopings... but im looking at 2.5 or 2.75.

• Like 1

Hey there! yes i remember you saying that and im proud of what Jim & I have accomplished even with very limited reference photos. I feel very lucky that we have Jim here  

Its already gray...but i havent changed the size yet due to immediate troopings... but im looking at 2.5 or 2.75.

I guess the pics don't do the colour justice.

We've been doing a lot of comparison work on sizing. It's far from straightforward!

Just now, JAFO said:

I guess the pics don't do the colour justice.

We've been doing a lot of comparison work on sizing. It's far from straightforward!

ah i just made them gray..havent posted pics yet

yeah i know the sizing is a bit confusing. Has anyone gone to the store already and measured the lifesize standee?

ah i just made them gray..havent posted pics yet

yeah i know the sizing is a bit confusing. Has anyone gone to the store already and measured the lifesize standee?

I actually have one waiting for me to collect! I just haven't had time to go get it.

No-one else has taken the measurement yet.

BTW...what was your secret to getting the black painted curve on the bucket so nicely done?

1 minute ago, JAFO said:

I actually have one waiting for me to collect! I just haven't had time to go get it.

No-one else has taken the measurement yet.

BTW...what was your secret to getting the black painted curve on the bucket so nicely done?

I have to give credit to @jimmiroquai 's painter for that :)

• Like 1

Great work, you may just want to add a little more matt black paint to the helmet, in the right trapezoid area ;) 

http://youbentmywookie.com/wookie/gallery/0717_hottoys_starwarslastjedi_exocutioner/Hot%20Toys%20-%20SWTLJ%20-%20Executioner%20Trooper%20Collectible%20Figure_PR14.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

3 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Great work, you may just want to add a little more matt black paint to the helmet, in the right trapezoid area ;) 

Hot%20Toys%20-%20SWTLJ%20-%20Executioner

ad_2_img.png?2580934566887996604

Thanks for pointing that out... noticed that too after Force Friday. We were working with really limited reference photos before the launch.

11 hours ago, kitgutierrez said:

Thanks for pointing that out... noticed that too after Force Friday. We were working with really limited reference photos before the launch.

Ok I noticed there had been some new photos added yesterday to the application in the 501st new to the legion costume section and it was missing ;) 

• Like 1

Ok I noticed there had been some new photos added yesterday to the application in the 501st new to the legion costume section and it was missing  

Done! I've added that small black part already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So cool! I recently cancelled my TFA kit from Anovos and ordered the TLJ kit from Jim. I also started following your (or one of your) FB pages. I don't think I'll do an executioner as I want to see first the different types of troopers in TLJ.

Just curious in you can further cut into those tube stripes/vents. I'm thinking of putting the fans there. In general, is it possible to cut holes in the helmet for more air flow?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dyops said:

So cool! I recently cancelled my TFA kit from Anovos and ordered the TLJ kit from Jim. I also started following your (or one of your) FB pages. I don't think I'll do an executioner as I want to see first the different types of troopers in TLJ.

Just curious in you can further cut into those tube stripes/vents. I'm thinking of putting the fans there. In general, is it possible to cut holes in the helmet for more air flow?

Based on the marketing materials and toys that came out, looks like the executioner and the praetorian are the only new "troopers" for ep8. If its a TLJ set you got from jim, you can either go for normal stormtrooper or executioner.

yes you may cut the the hexagonal vents in the frown and just leave the teeth. You may then replace it with a black painted hexagonal mesh screen and black cloth. This will allow better air and sound flow.

So i remembered i had a photo with the executioner standee during Force Friday. To determine the size of the First Order emblem in the shoulder bells, I did a perspective crop from top of bucket to heel. Resized image to 72" or 6ft (the official average height of stormtroopers) then measured the emblem. Its 2.5"

KRZf7Uol.jpg

HJzASl7l.png

A7ZU1acl.png

HEto6Eel.png

Thanks, pare, for the reply! Most likely I'll go with a normal trooper. :) I'm going to check the boards how others did their helmets and find out where to get that mesh.

I also bought myself a nerf pistol ;)which I plan to repaint and hopefully place on the holster (if they would fit), so for photo ops, I can hand those to the kids. :D

18 minutes ago, dyops said:

Thanks, pare, for the reply! Most likely I'll go with a normal trooper. :) I'm going to check the boards how others did their helmets and find out where to get that mesh.

I also bought myself a nerf pistol ;)which I plan to repaint and hopefully place on the holster (if they would fit), so for photo ops, I can hand those to the kids. :D

Hey you're pinoy pala! haha yup i recently bought a nerf pistol too... but ill use it for my First Order Tie Pilot build. I might just order another one for my FOTK.

12 hours ago, dyops said:

Great choice of kit

You can definitely cut the vents on both sides. It's worth doing!

Edited by JAFO
Typo!
  • Like 1