Sniper knee position help

shashachu

Hi all,

I'm basically done with the body portion of my WTF kit. These aren't official submission pics, but I took some pics last night just to see how everything looked. Overall I'm very happy with how everything looks, but one area I had a question about was the positioning of the sniper plate. I was expecting it to end up overlapping the bottom of the thigh slightly but it's basically below it. Is this ok? I've seen other folks with the plate positioned similarly, but I wanted to check with you all. I checked with my GML and he suggested I post here to gather feedback. Here are a couple full body shots, and I can post more detailed pics tonight if needed.

I'm 5' 3" and ordered my WTF kit with shortened thigh pieces, so I've basically done no trimming for length on the thighs and very little on the shins.

M0lLoNs.jpg

3JG16pw.jpg

Thanks!

• Like 1

Looks good to me. You could bring both thighs down a half an inch and really look evenly spaced with black and still miss. A tip is to put a pc. Of foam on the bottom of thigh in back to keep armor tight against thigh avoiding contact between it and sniper knee. Your belt should come up also. It should be right overlapping control panel almost touching bottom button. Besides that You did a great job! Good looking set you have there!:duim:

Thank you! I'm happy with the kit as well.

2 hours ago, magni said:

You could bring both thighs down a half an inch and really look evenly spaced with black and still miss.

That's a good tip about the thighs; I'll give it a try. If I do end up lowering them I think I'll need to make a cutout in the back to be able to walk properly.

2 hours ago, magni said:

Your belt should come up also. It should be right overlapping control panel almost touching bottom button.

You're the second person to mention the belt position. Unfortunately to make it overlap the ab buttons I'll need to place a new set of snaps in the belt, as it's too tight to position it higher as is. Do you know if that's required for EIB/Centurion or is it just suggested for accuracy? It shouldn't be too hard to place before snaps but if it's not required I may not bother.

14 hours ago, shashachu said:

You're the second person to mention the belt position. Unfortunately to make it overlap the ab buttons I'll need to place a new set of snaps in the belt, as it's too tight to position it higher as is. Do you know if that's required for EIB/Centurion or is it just suggested for accuracy? It shouldn't be too hard to place before snaps but if it's not required I may not bother.

You may get away with the belt position for EIB but I would say it will need to be correct for Centurion.

You could add some foam behind your sniper plate knee to help hold it out away from your thigh.

22 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You may get away with the belt position for EIB but I would say it will need to be correct for Centurion.

That's what I figured, so I'll go ahead and set some new snaps to be safe.

And I do think I'll add some foam in at various places around the armor. Do most people just glue it in place?

2 hours ago, shashachu said:

And I do think I'll add some foam in at various places around the armor. Do most people just glue it in place?

I have some glued and other sections that get sweaty I had Velcro so I can remove and wash

• 1 month later...

I agree with "Q". Move the thighs down a little with help with the appearance. I added foam to my sniper knee and it looks much better, it brought it out from under the things. I uses pieces of a "#1 finger and also uses pieces of flip flops. They are non porous and easy to clean and don't move or give much. Just glue or Velcro them in place. 

Nice build! You have done a remarkable job to make that armor fit you. Don't worry about the minor adjustments needed to be done because you are on the right track! For the belt placement of my armor, besides having snaps to support the plastic and canvas belt, I have some white velcro below the ab buttons so that the belt wont sag and maintain the alignment with the last button. I hope that helps. Cheers!  

• Like 1