RS helmet build questions

viewoptic

Researched a good amount here on FISD, some photos of peoples RS builds do not show up anymore because they are old photobucket photos.  Im trying to find references of how this helmet is supposed to be accurately put together.  Where do the rivets get installed at, chin strap, ect. Any info is appreciated! Thanks.

In general, helmets are assembled all in the same manner.  Here are some reference pics for ya!  Shows where the rivets are installed.  Holes are where the screws for the ears go.

gallery_12157_85_213684.jpg

gallery_12157_85_340545.jpg

My RS helmet has some extra holes under my ears because I made adjustments after initial assembly.  As long as they are covered by the ear caps, extra holes don't really matter much.

I don't use the chin strap, and I haven't met anyone who does.  My helmet padding is snug enough on my head that it's not necessary.  That said, I'm sure that some use it and swear by it.  Maybe they can chime in?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Durbin said:

Sorry to jump on this thread. Just wondering If you/ or anyone else have some detailed image of inside your helmets so us newbies can get an idea of setup/positioning please

There isn't much to see inside a helmet, a few screws on the sides then it depends on what people use, there are so many options for padding.

Jump on Google images and type 'inside stromtrooper helmet' it's amazing how many variations there are of what people use.

^ This. Depending on how you mount your visor, how you glue your teeth mesh (if you use it at all), padding/liner options, etcetera... you are better off researching via build threads/Google image search and see what you want to do.