Neck & Brow Trim

Hey all, so I know this is asked (and answered) other places, but the threads are hard to find so for my sake (and the sake of others) I wanted to start a new thread.

Please post links to places where to buy proper neck trim and neck seal.

I believe you can order them from McMaster.com, but not sure what "part" numbers they are.

Also, can you get this stuff (or close enough) at Lowes, Home Depot, or any other "local" US stores?

If so, where???

What "department / area" of the stores?

Thanks!!

(The quicker the answers the better as I would love to buy some while I'm out and around town today...) :)

Aw damn....I just read the thread here that states what the itemnumbers for the trims from McMasters are, but I can't find it!!!

I'll post them if I find them though!

I'm gonna need this thread, as my MR CE is coming this week:-) Can't wait!

yeah, I'm going to use it on my MR CE too (which is coming along awesome btw!) :)

If I can't find any I may be interested in that to buy. And, kid I do find some, I will post on here where I found it.

troopermaster said:
I've got some nice 'S' profile neck trim if your looking to buy some?

-------------

Is that trim so-called "screen accurate"?

Looks good:) I might be needing a couple of feet of it.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Maybe this topic will interest you---------

Read the Billhag's posts!!!

Finally I can get S shaped trim from Webers! Not bad but smaller than a original. Better shape than the sealsdirect.

Paul, you're neck trim have a great look! Not enough square for a "screen accurate" de,nomination, but certainly the best that I've ever seen since sealsdirect change the shape of if "neck trim"

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

The old style SWR150 is now obsolete. This profile I have is the best that I have found and not as big as the new SWR150 but bigger than the Webers' trim. I will take a pic of the profile against the Webers and Seals direct to compare. It's not as square as I would like, but looks good enough on the helmet.

The old style SWR150 is now obsolete. This profile I have is the best that I have found and not as big as the new SWR150 but bigger than the Webers' trim. I will take a pic of the profile against the Webers and Seals direct to compare. It's not as square as I would like, but looks good enough on the helmet.

Hi Paul, I need some good neck trim for my AP - how much and where from?

Cheers

Terry

I've used McMaster Carr's No. 8510K19 for the brow trim which is a touch shorter (about 2-3 millimeters) than the screen accurate which is 15mm in height (Seals Direct No. US 52 or Atlas Seal No. ATS 4). Atlas Seals in the UK has a great match for the movie accurate neck trim which is Stock No. ATW118 but I have not been able to get any response from them.

• 4 weeks later...

Having finally gotten hold of both types of trim for my helmet, i'm wondering if anybody can tell me what is the most secure way of fastening them to the afore mentioned helmet,

Hot glue?

Epoxy resin?

Superglue?

Help!

Having finally gotten hold of both types of trim for my helmet, i'm wondering if anybody can tell me what is the most secure way of fastening them to the afore mentioned helmet,

Hot glue?

Epoxy resin?

Superglue?

Help!

I don't use any adhesives at all. If it is necessary, I'd use a silicon adhesive.

standard silicone adhesive...? as in the stuff used for 'sealing' around a bath tub?

does this run the risk of damaging the paintwork ? (as i'm re-painting mine).

Yep, standard silicon, clear is preferred but not necessary.

Yep, standard silicon, clear is preferred but not necessary.

Wow awesome. Same stuff as the sealant used for the mouth thing. Now I don't have to go out and buy more glue! :lol:

Came home today to find out my cold house (or some unknown force) weakened the brow trim bond.

Side note, has anyone else's MR CE started to feel... wobbly or like its coming apart everywhere after a while?

Could this be fixed/reinforced with screws?

Just a quick note for folk's with the MRCE lid wanting necktrim, if you get the S shaped trim from seals direct you will still, somehow have to negotiate the acute curves around the vocoder area!

There is a thread aound here somewhere of the very same issue, Appologies but I can't find it at the mo

langy said:
Can anybody locate this thread?

Cause that'll be my next job,

There's pic's in Luis thread, hope he don't mind me posting it :huh:

-----------

from the looks of it you can use the S type Trim, if you have a sharp Knife

hope this Help's :huh: reading through the fourms does pay dividends :salute:

• 5 months later...