Belt: Velcro instead of snaps

Hi I'm fairly new to this stormtrooper thing. I just received my anovos kit a few weeks ago and about 40% done but I have a question. For the canvas belt do we have to have the two snaps that connect to the ab piece or can we use two pieces of Velcro? I just received my Kittell belt from www.imperialissue.com so it's very sturdy and awesome but I don't want to put anymore holes in the plastic of the belt as well as the ab piece. Also it gives me wiggle room to adjust if necessary. Has anyone tried this? 

Many people have done this, and will tell you it works just fine.

I disagree. It might still work "good enough". But snaps will always be more reliable if you do it properly. Either way, it's your choice. :)

• Like 1

I've tried both methods:  just snaps and just velcro.

I tried the velcro first because I was told that it made adjustments easier- and I suppose it did.  But I didn't like the extra thickness that the velcro gave to the belt.  Even with the low profile velcro, it adds bulk.  I didn't like that at all.

Near the end of my build, I tore off all the velcro and went with just snaps.  I liked the look much better!  It wasn't always as secure as I wanted it to be, though. 

I ended up putting a small piece of low profile industrial velcro in the center of the ab plate (roughly at the center of the belt), and small pieces of velcro on the left and right sides of the lower part of the kidney (with corresponding velcro attached on the belt).  This (along with the snaps) secures the belt nicely without adding bulk, and keeps the belt from shifting around during troops. 

• Like 1