• I first heard "Look Sir Droids"
    • Han & Luke went "undercover"
    • Han ran backwards at the sight of a wall of TK's
    • I witnessed the swift "cleansing" of Bespin
    • The carbon freezing chamber "embraced" Han
    • Endor was invaded by TK's and AT-ST's
    • Two TK's frogmarched Luke into Vader's custody
    • The ewoks KICKED THEIR A$$!

Was there any particular moment (or moments) in the trilogy that sparked the initial desire for everyone here to get the armor?

For me it started when I was 5 and (weirdly enough) it was the end of ROTJ when the Ewoks are playing drums on the left over helmets... something about seeing them off the troopers being handled like that just made me latch on to the idea of abandoned armor and made me go "I MUST have some of that one day..."

I mean I always loved the TK's but THAT's what made me realise I wanted the armour for myself...

Course maybe it wasn't in the trilogy... Maybe your friend/relative/lover/neighbor/lawyer got a suit and you went "I got's to get me some o that!"

Tell us all your stories people - how did you come to be here?

They had me at the Tantive raid :D

Ā 

But it was the computer games that reaaally made me want armour. Dark Forces, roaming around Imperial bases and seeing all the troopers.. well, get slaughted haplessly, but they looked so darn cool. I've wanted to be a stormtrooper ever since

Ā 

But it was the computer games that reaaally made me want armour. Dark Forces, roaming around Imperial bases and seeing all the troopers.. well, get slaughted haplessly, but they looked so darn cool. I've wanted to be a stormtrooper ever since

Ā 

Oh hell YEAH! how could I forget Dark Forces...man that was the bsuiness...

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Everywhere you look its the troopers who are always getting haplessly knocked around by jedi, sith, rebels, or what have you. It was the Ewoks for me. I saw ROTJ and I was in denial for the longest time. I thought to myself "No...no troopers are better than this!" I have always been told that they are the ELITE shocktroopers of the Empire. I have always envisioned Stormtroopers as bieng on par with say, the army Rangers, or the US Marines or something, if you read more about what their training is like.

Ā 

For me, stories of guys like Daric LaRone in Timothy Zahn's Allegiance novel exemplify what I believe stormtroopers are.This story showed me how, instead of bieng clumsy anonymous figures in white armor, Stormtroopers can really be great warriors. The story also prooved that, unlike many people think, a lot of Stormtroopers aren't evil!

That opening sequence sold me in a nanosecond!

Ā 

Ā 

Oh yeah! Once that hatch blew and the boys (and girls :D ) in white poured in blasters blazing, that was all it took. Over 30 years ago and I still get chills just thinking about it.

The Tantive IV raid was great, but I didn't know if TKs were some alien/non-human life form.

When Han and Luke put on the armour, then it clicked. I wanted a set too!

Ā 

The scene of the TKs strolling outside the Death Star as the M. Falcon is dragged in was cool too. "Is there anything these TKs can't do?" I wondered.