Moussvroum Posted June 16, 2017 Report Share Posted June 16, 2017 (edited) Hello everybody, I want to share with you my last project which is the realization of a HDPE stormtrooper helmet. My goal is to make a helmet as accurate as possible. The forum helps me a lot because it is full of valuable advice and I want to thank you all ! I first trimmed and assembled the helmet which is a 2mm khaki HDPE kit from Dark Agent. HDPE is very easy to cut. I was afraid because I used to work on ABS helmets : you can cut HDPE like butter ! I’ve prepared the green acetate film, the S trim and U trim and the foam. I assembled the two parts with two rivets on each side. For the paint to hold, I first flame treated the helmet with a blowtorch and then I cleaned it thoroughly with ethanol. I’ve found this tip here. (Be careful not to use the torch next to ethanol!). Believe me, it's very impressive to pass a flame on his helmet! I applied 3 layers of Rust-Oleum red primer (distance: 25 cm, each layer is spaced from 10 minutes). First layer : Now I will wait a week that it dries. I also assembled and painted the mic-tips that are not those of the kit but those a friend gave me (I find them more accurate -Thanks Javier ). I used a black satin paint. Next time : the white paint ... Edited July 17, 2017 by Moussvroum 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.