My AP helmet

Yeah most people (me included) follow the trim lines on the ears on the first helmet build...

But dont worry i will still be an awesome lid ;)

Looking forwad to seeing the final pics...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erk bad photo

helmetwip7.jpg

But, that's where i'm at with the stripes. The plan is, when the black is dry, I can neaten them a bit more with grey/more black :) Thats the plan anyway, heh

Just remember Liz stormtroopers are shaky with a blaster as well ,so it only follows that a paint brush in hand will be no different :D .

Had a bad monday today ,long hours at work.So your lens pack never got to the post office ,but its ready to go tomorrow tuesday ;)

Just remember Liz stormtroopers are shaky with a blaster as well ,so it only follows that a paint brush in hand will be no different :D .

Had a bad monday today ,long hours at work.So your lens pack never got to the post office ,but its ready to go tomorrow tuesday ;)

Haha that is true :D

And no problemo :) thanks again btw

Just a quick pic of my "work in progress" AP helmet.

Some minor cleaning up to do and frown/vocoder/ears to be painted etc. , but so far I am very pleased, especially with the

ears which are quiet a good fit.

I may also reposition the brow trim a little higher...!

SV100156.jpg

My brow is a little low actually - lower than yours - I'm thinking about making it a teeny bit higher. Tomorrow perhaps

My needs to be alot higher. Especially as mine is gonna be a TD. Cut out the cap 'n' back (still needs sanding a little) Used the dremel instead of scissors :) Great work Liz! :)

Looking great. TK-TEX get started on yours. Its not that hard and there are plenty of tutorials to follow on here. I am not a skilled crafts man and mine turned out pretty darn good (ok I had to replace my ear pieces cause I over trimmed).

I wasn't too happy with the cap/brow, it was kind of loose and slipping, so I fiddled with how it's sat. I think that's better, but now there's great stonking gaps on the ears

helmetwip9.jpg

I guess I'll put back to how it was before, heh

or get new ears, but I can't till I'm less skint. Ah well :P

I didnt like the gap in my AP either, you can do what I did: Push down on the ear untill there isnt a gap any more and put a marker point throught the screw hole. Remove the ear and place all the screw in all the holes to keep the face plate and the back/cap together and drill a new hole where you marked with a marker. BE CAREFUL!!!! The plastic inbetween the two holes may snap. It didnt happen to me, but it may happen

Hi Liz

A couple more pics of my AP, just need to put the mesh behind the frown, instal the new lenses (thanks Stukatrooper) and the hovi tips (thanks stomper) when they arrive.

I am really pleased with the way its turning out, although I did have a little mishap and accidently put a few minor scratches in the top of the lid, hopefully some Novus will sort it out, when I get some.

I have used the decals but your handpainted decals look a lot better and more in keeping with the original helmets, my painting skills aren't that good.

I have changed the brow slightly and put a little uplift in it

SV100162.jpg

SV100161.jpg

Keep up the good work!

Looking good Simon!

Yesterday, after much frustration, I used the decals for the back traps instead of hand painting it cause it looked too crummy. I'm reasonably happy with the tears though so they're alright.

Neil: How far are you with yours? I spent near enough 2 days non stop working on mine to get to where I am, I may be a teeny bit burnt out stormtrooper-helmet-wise haha. There's nothing wrong with taking it steady :)

Liz glad you got you lense.Simon yours is in the post.

You will have to trim each end to shape to go round the nuts you are not using.I would go for the top or middle ones.

Mark the centre of the lense length and bend inside the lid only make the screw hole in one side and put over screw.push and bend the lense to shape over the eyes and then mark the other side for a nice tight fit.

Onces its all screwed into place slid the thin green material between the lid and lense for a real cool look in any light.

You can also trim both bits to shape at the centre to miss your nose,but not to much.

Hope that makes some sense. ;)