My AP helmet

I also had to cut the rear decals as they are too big, also they dont have a black line at the bottom so I used some pinstripping tape I got from my local hobbystores. I also used the tape around the grey earpieces.

Thanks Stukatrooper, look forward to getting it!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil: How far are you with yours?

I've still got to do 2 of the holes in the frown, both ears and trim the rest of the face. Then time to bolt it all together :) After that i need to trim a bit of the front of the helmet to give it a higher brow and then paint :) Going quite well though, got more confidence with the dremel aswell which is pretty cool. Can't wait to get it finished but enjoying putting it together aswell :)

Hey Liz

I've just looked at your website, now I know why your handpainting the decals, and why your lines appear to be very straight,

there is some amazing artwork there, you are very talented, I especially love the emperor & General Veers, Oh and the self portrait...!!!

I've still got to do 2 of the holes in the frown, both ears and trim the rest of the face. Then time to bolt it all together :) After that i need to trim a bit of the front of the helmet to give it a higher brow and then paint :) Going quite well though, got more confidence with the dremel aswell which is pretty cool. Can't wait to get it finished but enjoying putting it together aswell :)

Getting there then! You're going for a sandtrooper did you say? Looking forward to seeing it. How are you going to weather it?

Hey Liz

I've just looked at your website, now I know why your handpainting the decals, and why your lines appear to be very straight,

there is some amazing artwork there, you are very talented, I especially love the emperor & General Veers, Oh and the self portrait...!!!

Thank you! ^_^ I'm not so bad with a pencil or a graphics tablet, but I really am horrible with a paintbrush so the helmet painting was scary!

Getting there then! You're going for a sandtrooper did you say? Looking forward to seeing it. How are you going to weather it?

Yeh. Even before i bought it i wanted to do a Sandtrooper. Got one more ear to cut out and then 2 more holes on the frown and i can finally bolt it together :) As for weathering. I'm not gonna weather it straight away but when i do i'm gonna use Woodland Scenics...

http://www.looksirdroids.com/replica_dirty_tutorial.htm

...Sandtroopers have always been my favourite :)

p.s

Love the art aswell. Especially love that Vader! Great work.

Haha nah post away I like to see how everyone else is doing ^_^ got any pics yet? :P

That's looking good Simon! Very nice indeed :D

I put my lense in today, I just have the tube stripes and the padding to go!

You DO NOT need to cut anything off the cap and back for a higher brow.Its how you position the face plate within the cap and back.

Get that right and you will not have to spoil the shape of the cap.I will post pictures latter on this thread if thats ok with LIZ :D

You DO NOT need to cut anything off the cap and back for a higher brow.Its how you position the face plate within the cap and back.

I asked a couple of people and they said it's a mixture of both. Plus, mine is gonna be a sandie so i cut a little off. I also used these pictures as a bit of reference

here

Yea i noticed with the AP you can only tilt it so far back, and that makes the brow about even with the brow on the faceplate. I trimmed a tad bit off to get mine where i wanted it. (as you can see in my avatar)Just very little though. When i did me VT(TE recast) i didnt have that problem and was able to tilt it further back.

OK heres my AP with no trimming of the cap .I have still Achieved the stunt look i was after by positioning the face plate inside the cap.I did not use the suggested drill holes on the lid.

2723448144_e55ab19318.jpg

2722622251_c4f097e0b1.jpg

2723446700_9cf6f2d895.jpg

All decals are hand painted (exept the tube strips) ,thanks Liz for your inspiration on that part. Sorry about the hijack ;)

Both of you, looks great :D

Ive got lenses in and tube stripes on, but I want to reposition the cap to get the brow higher still. I haven't felt up to pulling it apart and messing with it yet though :P

I trimmed from the front, as pulling the front of the cap up closes in the area to put your head.

However was going for the 'Stop That Ship' look which does have a high brow.

Do you know all the time ive been looking at screen lids and the countless pictures i have of them i never clocked that STS only had three teeth .

I have to agree that pulling the face down closes the head gap, i trimmed around the inside rim to make it pass my ears about 10mm round the back and sides leaving the front.

Looking forward to you finished new lid Liz. If you take your ears off ,leaving the hidden screw and tilt the face forward first off seeing how that looks.If all ok the only new holes will be for the ears.

On lids i have altered in the past i have always filled the holes with ABS plugs and plastic weld, i know you cant see them once its all back together but thats just me :rolleyes:

Do you know all the time ive been looking at screen lids and the countless pictures i have of them i never clocked that STS only had three teeth .

Same here, lol. The Davin Felth helmet has 3 on one side and 4 on the other. Hopefully make mine into a Davin but have cut out all 8 teeth :( Will any plastic weld do? Also, any suggestion on filling in one of the teeth? Appreciate the help.

Sorry for the delay, had to borrow dads camera. Knowhere near finished but thought i'd show anyway. Put a pair of Stompers mic tips in yesterday and they are amazing! Great work Tony! Also need to sand out the eyes a bit more i think :) Here are some pics anyway...

IMG_0751-1.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

Also, just sent off for one of TK9135's(Nathan's) prop tags to go with it :)