Battlefront Jump Backpak

The upcoming EA Battlefront will apparently be a class-system rather than perks system, so there is a very good chance we get an updated Heavy Weapons Trooper by November.

(But in the trailer, they've got a ROTJ(?) stormtrooper wearing an ANH:SE sandtrooper backpack)

bf2_zpsi6qufxat.jpg

Edited by rbsmith7

I don't think the HWT CRL will be changing again for quite a while, as we just spent a lot of time updating it.  The pack itself may be added at a future point, though.  The pack in the second pic looks suspiciously Photoshopped, but Shawn (CrookKnight) is making them right now and they look awesome!  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41934-fs-stormtrooper-jump-pack/

• Like 1

Ok dudes! thx a lot for the answers!!

Then i will start building this one.

il_570xN.1141565332_140n.jpg

I will use the templates i have found in this forums

Cheers from Barcelona!!

Nice picture. Just so you know for that pack I used the metal lock box and the thicker base. All other boxes were vac formed. I now 3D print all of those boxes including the siphon cone.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice picture. Just so you know for that pack I used the metal lock box and the thicker base. All other boxes were vac formed. I now 3D print all of those boxes including the siphon cone.

I was thinking about using this one i'v seen in amazon. I think it matches with the templates. capacity is 12.5 quart. what you think?...it will work?.

I also got the chance to use a friend's 3dprinter (prusa i3 type) and i supose i will print some parts too.

I will post my advances soon

41JTBxJomFL.jpg

Imperial cheers from Barcelona!!!

Edited by Uruk3D TK13018
  • Like 1

I was thinking about using this one i'v saw in amazon. I think it matches with the templates. capacity is 12.5 quart. what you think?...it will work?.

I also got the chance to use a friend's 3dprinter (prusa i3 type) and i supose i will print some parts too.

I will post my advances soon

41JTBxJomFL.jpg

Imperial cheers from Barcelona!!!

That is the same one I use.

• Like 1

Are there any screen caps from the game? That would be the deciding point on if they are official. So far I've not seen any, methinks.

I don't think the HWT CRL will be changing again for quite a while, as we just spent a lot of time updating it.  The pack itself may be added at a future point, though.  The pack in the second pic looks suspiciously Photoshopped, but Shawn (CrookKnight) is making them right now and they look awesome!  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41934-fs-stormtrooper-jump-pack/

Hi Joseph. No photoshop in that pic. It is just how it looks in the character choosing menu in Play4

Are there any screen caps from the game? That would be the deciding point on if they are official. So far I've not seen any, methinks.

20170610_004711.jpg

Sin_t_tulo_1.jpg

Edited by Uruk3D TK13018

Just to be clear, the Heavy Weapons Trooper is not in EA Battlefront, as there are no classes in the game but unlockable skins. 

Also, the jump pack is a random perk that can be applied to every skin in the game, including rebel pilots, imperial officers, sandtroopers (as seen in Uruk's picture), rebel generals, bespin security guards, etc.

Just to be clear, the Heavy Weapons Trooper is not in EA Battlefront, as there are no classes in the game but unlockable skins.

Also, the jump pack is a random perk that can be applied to every skin in the game, including rebel pilots, imperial officers, sandtroopers (as seen in Uruk's picture), rebel generals, bespin security guards, etc.

Thanks for the clarification, "rbsmith7", it was a little bit confuse to know what is and what is not accepted.Thanks all for the helping answers. Now i got it Edited by Uruk3D TK13018

To be pedantic, the exact definition of the Heavy Weapon Trooper is a bit nebulous based on the current CRL. It most closely represents the Battlefront *2* Shock Trooper class, but differs in several ways as well.

• Like 1

The situation is this: I've dropped the ball on these guys. There is the original HWT from the old game, a new HWT type character as you see above, plus you have the Kyber and Jedha troopers from R1. All have to be dealt with.

I'm at my kids lacrosse games all day today, a meet & greet tonight, more lax (lacrosse) tomorrow morning, then Cub Scouts tomorrow afternoon. So...a bit out of pocket to collate all the information and get something more comprehensive typed up this weekend.

That said, it is my goal to do a comprehensive review of this costume and get everything sorted in the next few weeks. If someone wants to do all the research between now and then, I'd be grateful.

What I want to get is a proposal to address all 5 costume variations, at the least the 3 that are OT based.

• Like 2

I have both Battlefront 2 and EA Battlefront on my PC that is running a 1070k, so I can provide quality screenshots (and video) of both if needed.

But screenshots of EA Battlefront shouldn't be the basis of changing the HWT CRL because (1) no matter what faction you are on, you can equip the jetpack and any weapon you so desire to any character skin you've unlocked. You can have a Bespin security guard with a Jawa gun and a jetpack, if that's what you want. You can have a Biker Scout with a jetpack and Han Solo's blaster, if that's what you want. At any given moment, a shoretrooper armed with a Tusken Raider sniper rifle might spawn next to Emperor Palpatine, while a Rodian X-Wing pilot with a DLT-19 kills his partner that is a sandtrooper armed with Boba Fett's rifle before jetpacking to the safety of Nein Numb's squad-shield. Oh, and all of this can happen on Hoth. LOL.

And (2), there is no HWT skin in EA Battlefront. The closest thing to the HWT is a skin titled Stormtrooper (Orange), which appears to me to be an idealized sandtrooper (no ab buttons, high brow -- weirdly the MP40 pouch does appear in-game, but not at the character screen) wearing a ANH:Special Edition backpack. Red, white, and black pauldron variants are also available. I took screenshots of the Stormtrooper (Red) variant just for fun... You'll see that my character has the DLT-19 equipped, but I could just as easily have equipped any other gun, Rebel or Imperial.

stormtrooper1_zpstuy9aho0.thumb.jpg.6ad04c930450d8eb2c4df215cd7f745f.jpgjj.thumb.jpg.c2493d7b0baee9f1308dcbd5ff043622.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

The situation is this: I've dropped the ball on these guys. There is the original HWT from the old game, a new HWT type character as you see above, plus you have the Kyber and Jedha troopers from R1. All have to be dealt with.

I'm at my kids lacrosse games all day today, a meet & greet tonight, more lax (lacrosse) tomorrow morning, then Cub Scouts tomorrow afternoon. So...a bit out of pocket to collate all the information and get something more comprehensive typed up this weekend.

That said, it is my goal to do a comprehensive review of this costume and get everything sorted in the next few weeks. If someone wants to do all the research between now and then, I'd be grateful.

What I want to get is a proposal to address all 5 costume variations, at the least the 3 that are OT based.

Count Me In. I have already built all of these packs. I definitely want to be part of this process.

• Like 1

I've seen a some E3 gameplay from EA Battlefront II and a few notes:

(1) Unlike EA Battlefront I, there is a true "Heavy" class ala the original Battlefront II. In the Clone Wars era match they played, the Heavy had a selection of standard heavy rifles that were cross-era (one clone was using a TFA FO rifle). Each class also has a perk system that is customizable. The Heavy at E3 could activate a personal shield, or switch over to a minigun/chaingun. There will definitely be more gun and perk options, maybe even in the way of micro transactions.

(2) The Heavy did not have a jetpack. None of the classes that I saw ever used a jetpack. Instead, the jetpack was a character you could unlock with points earned in-game, called "Jet Clonetrooper". It was an ARC-style character. DICE clearly intends the Heavy to be a sluggish tank class, so I'd be surprised to see a jetpack option. I could definitely see the jetpack being a perk option for the other classes, however.

(3) Still no images available of the OT Heavy class or whatever the OT-equivalent of the jetpack character will be.

(Source for E3 gameplay)

Edited by rbsmith7
  • Like 2

I've seen a some E3 gameplay from EA Battlefront II and a few notes:

(1) Unlike EA Battlefront I, there is a true "Heavy" class ala the original Battlefront II. In the Clone Wars era match they played, the Heavy had a selection of standard heavy rifles that were cross-era (one clone was using a TFA FO rifle). Each class also has a perk system that is customizable. The Heavy at E3 could activate a personal shield, or switch over to a minigun/chaingun. There will definitely be more gun and perk options, maybe even in the way of micro transactions.

(2) The Heavy did not have a jetpack. None of the classes that I saw ever used a jetpack. Instead, the jetpack was a character you could unlock with points earned in-game, called "Jet Clonetrooper". It was an ARC-style character. DICE clearly intends the Heavy to be a sluggish tank class, so I'd be surprised to see a jetpack option. I could definitely see the jetpack being a perk option for the other classes, however.

(3) Still no images available of the OT Heavy class or whatever the OT-equivalent of the jetpack character will be.

(Source for E3 gameplay)

I love the clone Trooper heavy.

• Like 2

Hey Paul, I wrote up a research post a while back that might be of some use to you or other command staff: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/40070-accessory-continuity/page-2#entry541746

Let me know if my nerddom can be of service in any way :)

• Like 1