FISD Master Armorer Program - Overview

Daetrin

In the beginning there was out of the box FX, and the Legion was built on waves of new troopers getting theirs off of Ebay from the likes of CostumeJunkie, GotArmor, and similar purveyors of kit that offered oversized helmets, plastic belts and large black ab buttons.

MEPD decided to encourage people to up their game with the "deployed" program, and after the start of WhiteArmor.Net FISD knew a good thing when we saw it and launched the Expert Infantryman program to encourage people to go beyond out of the box FX with a modest bump in cost and time. In the 10 years of this above and beyond program, we've recognized over 700 people who have taken their costume to the next level.

For every Expert Infantryman Legion Stormtrooper, there have been countless others who donate their time, expertise, sweat, and at times blood too in helping them get there, yet up to now there has never been a way to recognize them for their positive contributions in helping the EI program succeed.

The FISD Master Armorer program is an optional, detachment only incentive award to recognize individuals who have directly helped an FISD stormtrooper to achieve Expert Infantry status. To register a “win” in the program, the assistance must have provided hands-on help trimming, building, and fitting of said armor for the person who was awarded Expert Infantry status.

Other program notes:

• Helping remotely, giving advice, or taking payment in exchange for help does not count as a "win". We reward in-person build assistance and volunteerism.

• All work must be voluntary and without expectation of compensation (e.g. if you got paid for building a suit, it doesn't count).

• The assistance must be for a period of 30 minutes or more. Spending 15 minutes tweaking someone’s fitting or taking photos does not count.

• "Wins" can be retroactive, e.g. if you helped 5 people in 2016, those can count as long as they are fully documented.

Award Levels

• 5+ "wins": FISD Armorer Badge

• 15+ "wins": FISD Senior Armorer Badge

• 25+ "wins": FISD Master Armorer Badge

The Process

• The person applying for the award will create an application thread in the Master Armor Program forum to track the help they give to others.

• For each "win", they will list the person they helped achieve Expert Infantry status by copying their EI approval thread.

• For each "win", the person who was helped will validate that this person helped them to complete the process.

What does the badge look like?

Here is the current artwork (pending approval). Thanks Glen!

Bronze

mbbronze2_1.png

Silver

mbsilver2_1.png

Gold

mbgold2_1.png

Questions?  Concerns?  Please feel free to ask!

• Like 11

Mmmmm. This sounds right up my alley! Also, it seems like a great way to encourage or entice troopers to really help Troopers. That saying will take on a bigger meaning.... And this will be glorious to see.

I must note how much I valued the time spent together with my Brother Barcoder on my ANH Stunt building her together with EIB and Centurion in mind, as well as with him and my TK Twin Pyrates over the 9 months it took to complete Phasma.

Aaron and I promised one another we would achieve these levels, for our ANH twins, and I value their encouragement and support on my journey to Centurion. The 3 of us literally became a force of ABS nature, and developed a very close bond. This is important. On SO many levels.

Besides helping each other reach costuming goals, and increase the higher level numbers, it will strengthen the bonds between the humans that wear them, therefore strengthening their respective Garrisons. This is vital.

Incentives and goals are always lovely of course to strive for, though, this program may ignite all those wishing to help one another, get out there and really be troopers helping troopers!!

I have valued every second building with Peter and Aaron as well as offering my hands on building help and experience to the 2 TKs that have joined in my remote area since I became a Legion member last year. I feel an affinity to them, simply by being involved in their builds. I have already promised that I will help anyone build as I recruit and encourage. No matter the costume. Whether it's sewing, trimming, sanding, gluing, pinning.... I'm happy to offer up blood! HA! (That comment made me giggle) I'm hoping that this will help inspire others to do the same.

I'm excited to see and hear how this new program will go!

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Edited by Soulart
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...