Robs WTF ANH Stunt build

EDIT: 5/29/17 - Looks like Tapatalk does not like large posts with multiple photos. So here I guess is the official start of this thread.

Well got the armor a few weeks ago and was sick for over a week right after receving it so progress was slow. First couple days did most of the rough trimming.

20170509_153445.jpg

20170509_153609.jpg

20170509_162515.jpg

20170511_191124.jpg

And this pile of plastic is where I left it sit for a couple weeks while I was healing up.

5/17/17 - Luckily I was feeling better in time for the local garrisons build party. Also a couple days before hand, the host held a TK specific session for a couple us new to building the armor, There were a couple members on hand to help and one brought his completed TK for us to inspect. That night I got some good help and advice and was able to get one forearm mostly ready for gluing and the other real close. 

18595259_1415059228538014_83546130731755

5/20/17 - Build party, this was the second party I attended but the first with my armor in hand. Was able to get a lot more trimming done and some more great advice from the resident TK experts including the GML. A lot was validation of my plans as well as some great direction on the build where I had questions or was unsure. As member Scott was pointing out general cut lines and guidance, I quickly handed him a pencil to put some marks down where he was pointing and showing me with his finger. This gave me a good baseline to make my initial fitting cuts and then adjust from that point.

20170520_115601.jpg

20170520_130238.jpg

Ended up getting the shins pretty close.

20170523_183609.jpg

5/25/17 - Watching ANH for the anniversary I worked on the arms some more.

20170525_200616.jpg

05/28/17 - Memorial day weekend, decided to spend a lazy Sunday working on the armor since Monday will be out with the family for the day. Was pretty productive and made some progress.

20170528_161110.jpg

Well the bucket scares me the most! But I decided time to start on it. Made some rough eye and teeth cuts, as well as trimmed up the cap and slid the brow trim on.

20170528_194507_1.jpg

20170528_194225_1.jpg

And this is where I will leave off for the weekend. During the week I will get to work on gluing the fronts of all the arm and leg pieces together as well as filing and sanding the rough cuts on the bucket.

Edited by Balue
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well starting to feel better and in laws have left so time to get to gluing! Starting with the arms quickly realized i need a ton more clamps!

2420205737c4d8d11567996f9cb31e09.jpg40e8b62f3d5a817f312cbf2b7f708eec.jpg928595fe4fb00e11b63202f3acf777cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I am bad at putting together a build thread. :( I keep having so much fun building I forget to take pics and get on line to update! :smiley-sw013:

Well here is how far I have got and current status.

After getting all the trimming done I attempted to tackle the helmet.

20170615_162700.jpg

20170615_162715.jpg

Was about to trim the ear and remember all the horror stories about them and backed off... :unsure:

So I changed gears and decided to start gluing the limbs together.

20170615_175134.jpg

20170615_194243.jpg

Ran out of clamps and magnets.....

Next day glued more pieces and got to this point.

20170619_153142.jpg

Lets start trimming some belts!

20170619_204646.jpg

20170619_205836_1.jpg

Left off here for the weekend.

Tuesday went over to a garrison members house and got some help sizing up the shins and thighs.

Tonight decided to make up some front cover strips and will glue those up before going to bed.

20170622_184200.jpg

Well this is my build and I am sticking to it! May not be the epic build thread like others have had, but between referencing those and the giant smile on my face while I am building I get lost and forget to do my own... Hahaha.

Well I am starting to see some light and feel like I am getting close on this!!! Will be attending another armor party this weekend so hopefully I can get the bucket all tied up and get some strapping done!

Till next time!

Nice work, Rob! Did you get two sets of ears? Some folks who ordered wtf got two sets but I only got one. Better not mess it up! Also I noticed that the cover strip abs is twice and thick - a nice detail.

Nice work, Rob! Did you get two sets of ears? Some folks who ordered wtf got two sets but I only got one. Better not mess it up! Also I noticed that the cover strip abs is twice and thick - a nice detail.

I only got one set so yeah need to me very careful! Yeah I like the fact he provided what looks like un pulled abs sheed for the cover strips!

6/23/17 Finally decided to get started on trimming the ears!

fd9f15f0cdd8e4da4384894e9d9e4636.jpg

Ok got them cut out was all then backed off again. Hahaha. Well tomorrow is a build PT and I will do more then!

6/24/17

Ok at the build PT there was a built WTF bucket for me to get some reference.

So here we go trimming little by little!

d46f630356d4a9bf1b8ca5db16755886.jpg

After going very carefully I ended up at this point with both ears.

566de6b492d938bd194bb98970d8b90a.jpg

569308d2e70fd00bde3c9bea2a59d966.jpg

I think I am happy with where they are at for this point. Just need to do some sanding to smooth out and final fitting.

If there are any recomendations on further trimming or adjustments needed at this point please let me know?

Will be glad when these bad boys are done.

• 3 weeks later...

Well after all the forum rebuild, no tapatalk and now PB wanting money this post kind of went down hill quickly.

Over the weekend I completed the build and was approved!!! TK-23719 reporting for duty. Here are some of my submission photos feedback more than welcome for improvements.

pPI8bLU.jpg

sWQcnUQ.jpg

uhR402I.jpg

eEiOMnM.jpg

wAJ4zcm.jpg

w9evA8I.jpg

21OByZN.jpg

V7SxpSS.jpg

• Like 1

Just so you know (and this doesn't affect anything) but you have the shins assembled incorrectly. I am not sure if the WTF comes with a doubled outer left part but I can clearly see you have a perfectly assembled left shin worn on the right leg. You can tell by how the back of the knee slopes down which should be towards the inside of your legs. You can see your right shin slopes outwards. Just a heads up for any other WTF guys who might be building their armour at the moment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, troopermaster said:

Just so you know (and this doesn't affect anything) but you have the shins assembled incorrectly. I am not sure if the WTF comes with a doubled outer left part but I can clearly see you have a perfectly assembled left shin worn on the right leg. You can tell by how the back of the knee slopes down which should be towards the inside of your legs. You can see your right shin slopes outwards. Just a heads up for any other WTF guys who might be building their armour at the moment.

Interesting I had confirmed with Walt on the shins as i was going back and forth on the placement when building and was told this was correct. This was the positioning i used. Longer to the inside

eq94ya5.jpg

If we assume that the RS Props armor comes with two right shins, then it's easy to see the odd man out when comparing to the WTF armor.  Paul's correct on this one, and I believe that Walt is mistaken.   

35615690120_bef889bc5b.jpg

Unless I've totally mucked up my WTF assembly, then just ignore me.  This whole WTF shin issue has been a headache.

Just look at the size difference between the two sides. The shorter two halves go together and the longer two halves go together.

On a side note, the RS comes with two outer left halves and two outer right halves. The RS does not have any inner halves.

• Like 1

I figure if we're debating this much about the shins, then it probably doesn't make a visual difference, so I vote for just assembling them in a way that fits. For me, this is what Christine recommends - the long sides on the outside. TBH, though, looking at my shins, I feel as if the WTF shins are made up of mixed up pieces - although the right shin fits me much better with the longer side on the outside, I also feel the shape of that longer piece (with the curve higher up) makes it looks like a left inside shin. 

Here's a pic of my shins to illustrate. I've now trimmed the longer sides but they are on the outside. FynzLqR.jpg

4 minutes ago, troopermaster said:

Just look at the size difference between the two sides. The shorter two halves go together and the longer two halves go together.

Ah interesting. So you're suggesting that we've all paired them up completely incorrectly? That would be worth a try. That would also explain why my right outer looks like a left inner. 

I originally put the long sides and short sides together because it seemed natural that they went together that way.  Then I was told it was wrong, so I tore them apart and reattached them.  Now it's time to remove them again and put them back as I had done originally.  :6:  Thank the maker for e6000.  And thanks for enlightening us, Paul!