thigh trimming/armor bite?

A couple noob centurion questions here...

1. I've got everything built to all of the Centurion requirements and getting ready to submit.  I did two troops on Saturday so I'm making small tweaks now to things.  Only issue I have is a gnarly armor bite on my back right thigh.  I was pretty gunshy about trimming/rounding them off in the first place, so wanted to ask what the expectation/requirement of these is. Most of my buddies aren't centurion so they weren't sure.  If I cut the half moon into all the way to the far right so it goes to the corner (and I shorten the corner a little bit), that will fix the hot spot digging in.  I don't need to do it on the other leg, unless I should to so that they are perfectly symmetrical.

2. The extra tooth on the helmet (Anovos helmet) can somebody confirm that is the same gray as the button plate gray?

any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Todd

post-27489-0-57799600-1494898629_thumb.jpg

Check out the 5th photo down on this approved Centurion thread, Todd:  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41605-tk-12638-requesting-anh-stunt-centurion-status-rt-mod/

• Like 1

Check out the 5th photo down on this approved Centurion thread, Todd: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41605-tk-12638-requesting-anh-stunt-centurion-status-rt-mod/

Oh wow, yeah, looks like I'm good to trim it up a bit based on that. Thanks so much, I appreciate it!

Joseph showed you a great way to get rid of the armor bite.  If you do something like that it should get rid of that problem.  Also make sure you take some sandpaper to it and smooth it out nicely.  You will realize that when you start trooping in your armor there will always be tweaks that need to be had.  I am constantly making improvements.

Anyway I cannot confirm what color grey that Anovos has used on their helmet.  Most people use Humbrol Admiral grey for their frown and ab button plate.  But I do not know if this is the same shade with the anovos set.

Joseph showed you a great way to get rid of the armor bite.  If you do something like that it should get rid of that problem.  Also make sure you take some sandpaper to it and smooth it out nicely.  You will realize that when you start trooping in your armor there will always be tweaks that need to be had.  I am constantly making improvements.

Anyway I cannot confirm what color grey that Anovos has used on their helmet.  Most people use Humbrol Admiral grey for their frown and ab button plate.  But I do not know if this is the same shade with the anovos set.

Thanks, I appreciate it.  I used the Humbrol #5 Gray for the ab plate. I painted a small piece of scrap and the color is almost the exact same.  My teeth are pretty clean and I only needed to clean up one spot so I'm trying not to repaint them all if I can prevent it.  Thanks for the advise guys, it helps alot. Going to make the last few tweaks and submit thurs/fri probably.  Picked up my blaster today and switching a few things over to snaps from velcro (now that I have it all fit) so in the home stretch!

This production photo shows what joseph is actually how they were on set: 

32873362203_58fd4e46c7_z.jpg

Flickr

The film used ones were pretty hacked up by the time the Tantive scene was filmed. If you need to you can also do the bottom.

• Like 1