Thigh ammo belt rivet question

For level two certification (if applicable):

• Thigh ammo belt is attached to thigh with a solid head rivet or fastener in the upper corner and fastened to the lower thigh ridge.
    • The solid head rivet attachment is painted white.
    • Standard pop rivets are not allowed
  • The bottom corners of the thigh ammo belt are rounded off

My question is are the split rivets used to attach the kidneys to the ab approvable/acceptable to attach the thigh ammo or do I need to use a different rivet? 

Thanks 

I used double cap rivets from Tandy leather. I can send you a few if you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What Robert said. Much easier to use than split rivets to be sure.  :duim:

Those rivets are available at most craft stores like Michael's and Joann's and sometimes hardware stores too.

Edited by Addertime
  • Like 2

You can use either the split or the double cap, Mike.  Robert kindly offered to send you some double caps, or I can send you a few split rivets if you prefer.  Both are 100% acceptable at Centurion level.  I find the split ones easier to install.  My buddy Jeff (wingnut65) has a great tutorial on installing them:

Setting%20Split%20Rivets_zpsnigxtv7f%201

• Like 2

I used double cap rivets from Tandy leather. I can send you a few if you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Robert! I have a few split rivets left over from my build so I'll give that a shot!  :smiley-sw013:

You can use either the split or the double cap, Mike.  Robert kindly offered to send you some double caps, or I can send you a few split rivets if you prefer.  Both are 100% acceptable at Centurion level.  I find the split ones easier to install.  My buddy Jeff (wingnut65) has a great tutorial on installing them:

Setting%20Split%20Rivets_zpsnigxtv7f%201

Thanks Joseph, I have some split rivets left over from my build & wanted to be sure (kicking myself for missing this during my initial build)  

Those double cap rivets are what the original suits used as well, so don't bother with splits rivets for the knee. Well, the original rivets have a hole on the inside (hollow stem) so they aren't "double cap". But those are still way closer than split rivets.

gallery_12157_78_258714.jpg

med_gallery_12157_78_1344899.jpg

The same rivets where also used to hold the belt together btw:

med_gallery_12157_78_446470.jpg

gallery_12157_78_2341622.jpg

Apologies for the hijack, but what are the snaps(?) used on the belt-> ab connection there on the original? Those look like they'd work out much easier than the Line24 Tandy ones I used.

Apologies for the hijack, but what are the snaps(?) used on the belt-> ab connection there on the original? Those look like they'd work out much easier than the Line24 Tandy ones I used.

It's shown on the picture right above your post ;)