how to put trim on bottom of helmet question

• 2 months later...

The narrower gaped side goes over the plastic. If you cut off the thick ridge it will stay on the helmet better. Maybe that us why AP uses the same U channel trim for the neck and brow.

PBeXeJ6.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

If you cut off the lip then there is really no point using 'S' profile trim. Test fit it by trying both slots and see which fits better. Make sure that you filp it over so the majority of the rubber is inside the helmet, making the trim look thinner from the outside. This does make the opening slightly smaller, but that's just how it is. I like to cut the trim slightly longer than needed so I have to force the ends together, making a nice tight joint. When you are happy with whichever slot you choose, run a thin bead of glue (I use E6000) inside the slot and fix to the helmet. You can use tape or clips to keep it in place while it dries. If you have any kinks on the trim, just glue then shut :)

• 1 month later...
lordvader1974 said:
I don't mean to resurrect this thread unnecessarily but where can I get this "S" trim stuff you guys are talking about? I desperately need new trim around the bottom of my bucket and this looks interesting. Thank you! :td:

there's several threads about this topic. Here's one on the where too's, depending on your location.

-----------

hope this helps?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021