Cricket's WTF Hero Build (even more TK for the Vertically Challenged)

Cricket

• gmrhodes13 pinned this topic
  • 10 months later...
36 minutes ago, Roundarmor said:

Comment meant  to book mark page

Thanks for bookmarking my build!  :D  Feel free to ask if you have questions, and be sure to start your own build thread. We love new white armor!!!  Cheers!

On 4/24/2017 at 3:44 PM, Cricket said:

Oh, hi there, me again.  I began my white armor journey intending on building a Hero TK- namely a Luke suit.  Along the way, things happened, things didn't happen, and over one year later, I ended up building a Stunt TK.  Still, I never gave up on my dream to build a proper Hero Luke suit.  Below are shortcuts to my build, and if you want to see the unboxing, just keep scrolling down.  Thanks for stopping by!

*****************************************************************************************************

Thread Shortcuts for The Chronically Impatient or Short of Time
Trim Guide for Short TKs

Making Initial Cuts

Cover Strippin'

Shins

Shin Assembly

Magnetic Shins Part 1: Building Buttons

Magnetic Shins Part 2: Shaping the Shins (with Bonus Small Person Thigh Sizing!)

Magnetic Shins Part 3: Making ABS Hole Strips and Installation

Magnetic Shins Part 4: Making Holes in the Shins, Prepping Magnet Buttons, and Cover Strip Installation

Magnetic Shins Part 5: Gluing Magnets on the Inside of the Cover Strip

Magnetic Shins Part 6: Attaching the Magnet Buttons

DIY Shin Stirrups (such easy, much awesome, wow)

Torso Bits and Pieces
Trimming Ammo Pack, Ab Buttons, and Drop Boxes

Further Mods to the Ab Button Plates

Slice the Cod!

Shaping Shoulder Straps and Biceps

Resizing the Chest Like TK Luke

Making a Return for the WTF Butt Plate

Cutting Down the Kidney and Rebuilding the Return

First Torso Fitting: Back Plate Sizing, Kidney and Ab Shaping in Hot Water Bath

Flattening and Reinforcing Returns on the Kidney and Butt Plate

Trimming and Hot Water Bath for the Butt Plate

Butt Plate and Kidney Bracket Installation

Ab/Kidney Split Rivet Connections and Ab/Kidney Tab
Hot Water Bath and Heat Sealing Iron to Improve Kidney Return
Reducing Kidney Width, New Kidney Notch
Curving the Belt and Ammo Pack

Ab and Kidney 2.0- Hot Water to Shape Things Up (let's do this again, shall we?)

Sizing the Kit Down for an Even Smaller TK
Smaller TK Initial Fitting (Look at that Back Plate!)
*NEW!* Second Fitting for Smaller TK (Fine Tuning Limbs to Torso)

Arms!

Forearm Sizing for Smaller TKs

Shaping Shoulder Straps and Biceps
Increasing the Size of the Biceps

Making Reinforced Shoulder Straps

How To Make ABS Reinforced Snaps for Elastic Strapping

Display Your TK!

DIY PVC Mannequin Frame (Parts List Included!)

*****************************************************************************************************

Well, today my dream becomes a reality!  After almost 12 weeks of waiting, my WTF Hero TK kit arrived in the mail today.  Horray!  BBB #2!

33407734934_f6f1a6f2dc_z.jpg

The opening...

34248380965_1f28cd268a.jpg

Checking that everything is in there...

33407252044_a5ba9433fa.jpg

I have to say, I'm a big fan of the S trim included with this kit.

And the Hero face.  Yay, I don't have to modify the teeth!!!

34248380885_982867ca39.jpg

Included with the kit were an extra pair of shoulder straps, two extra sets of Hero ears, and lots of extra ABS for outer cover strips.  Sweet!

A Hero build is a little different than a Stunt build, with the differences mostly with the helmet (three-bar ears, six teeth), and with the number of rivets on the holster (4 instead of 2).

I'm planning on taking this kit to Centurion, then modifying it after to a proper Luke suit. The difference between a Hero and a Luke Hero is in little things that most people won't notice or care about, but can't be cleared for Centurion.  So what does a Luke suit have that a Hero doesn't? (Upper level guidelines don't recognize individual characters here, or so I've been told!)

A Luke suit has: 

• two left forearms
  • two left shoulder bells
  • grappling hook and comlink
  • shortened back
  • no return on bottom of the back
  • no return at the bottom of the chest
  • some inner bracket strapping, some glued elastic strapping

I'm sure I'm forgetting some additional things (it's been a while since I started doing research on this, and I can't remember every detail at the moment), but that's the gist of it.  The only things that won't take the Luke to Centurion are the two left forearms, I think.  I made sure that a right forearm was included with my kit, though.

My biggest challenge that I can see so far with this kit is with the kidney/butt plate.  I wasn't expecting it to be all in one piece, and I'll have to cut them apart.  Cutting them isn't the problem.  It's that I'm going to have to rebuild the return at the top of the butt plate in order to accommodate the wire bracket strapping.  There will be almost no return on those areas once they've been separated.  *sigh*  I'm going to have to cut a few inches from the bottom of the kidney and rebuild that return anyhow, so I expected that.  Just not the butt plate return.  Oh well, what's one more return when I have to make so many new ones anyways?  haha...

I promise that I won't post nearly as much as I did with my RS build, because lots of it will be redundant.  I will be sure to include lots of the Hero-applicable stuff, though.  

So... are you still with me?

On to the build!!!

Marking page for future reading. Love this post

• Like 1