Anovos issues?

Hi is anybody out there had any problems with their Anovos TK helmet or kit. I'm starting to hear things about problems with returns scuffed merchandise coming in the mail and defective helmets with little or no customer service or support available. Anybody?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apart from a few negligible and easily corrected accuracy items in respect to the OT TK, the biggest criticism I've heard about Anovos is around supply. Demand obviously exceeds supply, and delivery dates are repeatedly pushed out by 3-6 months.

Sent from my DH77 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The actual stuff is good bar the occasion manufacturing issue or damage in transit.  The service less so.  Delays of 3 months, sometimes more are common on pre orders, some where 2 years late.  Getting hold of someone when there is an issue can prove to be tough too.

Well there certainly appears to be a mixed bag.  The only dealing I had with them so far is I bought their Tie helmet.  I had no issue whatsoever and I am happy with the product and the shipping (shipping is expensive).  Now that is just one little thing.  I have heard a bunch of horror stories with them.  If my buddy Allan sees this thread I'm sure he would love to give his input.  But anyway it appears that if you need to contact customer support for any issue then you are not going to like them.  I have heard of them sending products that are defective as well as sending the wrong product as well.  Probably the biggest complaint is their shipping estimates which are usually way off from what they say they are.  However, it is not uncommon to wait a year even for a prop maker using his garage.  Lord knows I feel I could be waiting a very very long time for my tie armor to arrive that I ordered back in December from a single man operation with little to no contact with so far. 

So I guess it is buyer beware with Anovos but some people have been happy and others have been disappointed.

• Like 1

My thoughts on Anovos are a mixed bag. Their TK/TX is a decent deal (I got amazing deals on the preorder), but if you have one issues, buckle up. Their customer service is pretty nonexistent. Their online chat seems disconnected from everything else and doesn't know what's going on.

I have had 2 encounters with them. I will put aside the waiting time, I knew what I was getting into when I did the preorder. My 1st experience went super smooth. I paid, waited a long time, TK arrived on my door. Built it and started trooping.

My next experience has turned me off from them. I ordered my TX (shadow trooper), paid in full including shipping. I waited the requisite long time. Then I get an email saying I have to pay more for shipping to get my TX. They said that the shipping rates uncreased since I ordered. To me this is strike 1. I already paid in full and if you would have delivered in a timely manner you wouldn't have incurred this increase. What they should have done is not say a word and eat that cost because I already paid for my shipping up front. At this point I just wanted the kit so I paid the extra $20 or so. Next I get a shipment notification, yay its on the way!! BBB day comes, I rip open the box and.....they sent a regular TK. This is strike 2. At this point I am pretty pissed, you make me pay extra and send the wrong kit. I get on the chat and am not too happy. I actually get someone to call me and I talk on the phone. Its not an isolated incident and they shipped a bunch of wrong kits. I ask for some consideration and for them to expedite shipping and overnight shipping which they flat out say no. Fine, they don't care about their customers I get it now. He says I will send a return shipping label and as soon as its received by the carrier they will send the right kit. I print the label and bring it to the shipper that day. I talk to the guy again and he says he will get it out. After multiple emails my kit finally ships over a week later. Strike 3. The kit arrives and its missing tube stripes and there is glue all over the lenses that makes it impossible to see out of the left eye. I talk to chat and put in a trouble ticket. Multiple and chat sessions later, I finally receive tube stripes and new lenses 3 months later. Strike 4. While in the end I was eventually satisfied with the product l, there were too many bumps in the road. The way that they treat their customers is deplorable. They basically use customers as crowd source funding and string them along for too long.

Here is my ultimate take in them. If everything goes right and you don't mind waiting you will be satisfied. If something goes wrong you will rue the day that you placed and order with them. Besides their TK/TX the prices seem high to me also, but that's a matter of opinion. I for one will speak with my wallet and they will not receive another penny from me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I got a damaged part.  CS gave me a little run around, but ended up resolved.  Just took some nagging.

Personally, I am starting to see that my armor is not going to last a real long time with constant troop use, but if they can make parts readily available, it could work out.

• Like 1

but if they can make parts readily available, it could work out.

A big if. I don't see them seeing it as good business decision to do parts outside of breaking open the odd kit at the end of a run. I wish they would but their market is more "mass" market and spares don't really fit in there.