n52 magnet attaching

Hey all,

i wanna attach my TFA TK pauldron on using magnets using the powerful n52 types, but i heard glueing the magnets can weaken the magnetism, so just wondering how does one attach and or glue them to the armour? what do you use and how have you attached?

if you got pics that would help a lot tooo.

thanks

• Like 1

Hey all,

i wanna attach my TFA TK pauldron on using magnets using the powerful n52 types, but i heard glueing the magnets can weaken the magnetism, so just wondering how does one attach and or glue them to the armour? what do you use and how have you attached?

if you got pics that would help a lot tooo.

thanks

I use superglue. Works great.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I can't even begin to imagine how gluing a magnet would affect it's magnetic properties.

It's done all the time.  I wouldn't worry about it.  Post some pics! :D

what size types of magnets would you all recommend? N52 but there are so many types out there?!

I prefer the 3mm x 12mm discs.  They're small enough to fit in the channel when assembling the arms, but strong enough that you can easily double stack them for extra hold on the tougher bits.  Use stronger clamps on the very ends for those tough parts, like the thighs, where the plastic is fighting you.  And don't forget to tape the cover strips in place (in addition to the magnets) because E6000 is slippery and they'll ooze out of position if you don't! (and won't find out until the next day, *sigh*)  Easy enough to re-do (yay E6000!) but you lose a day's work, which is annoying.

No sure where to buy in Oz.  We can get them at Home Depot (if you're in a hurry).  BangGood has a much better price, but the shipping takes quite a while.

TONS of pics in my build thread.  (I happened to have some ring discs also, but I liked the smaller ones best)

20160303175421-4374e4ac-me.jpg

Edited by kman

I have magnets in the underside of my pauldron and also underside of the armor, back of neck, shoulder and front plate, holds in place nicely.

Also added a piece of elastic and Velcro which wraps the edge and to underneath of the neck just in case a youngling tries to pull on the pauldron.

this is for my already built TFA TK, im just wanting to attach the new pauldron on it. ill check your build thread kman. thanks mate.

Ah, sorry about that, I misunderstood.  Or rather, read that in the OP originally, but forgot on later replies. ;)

Gmrhodes advice seems solid to me, in that case.  That's how I would go.  Probably set the magnets in place with E6000 so they can be removed if you want.