How to remove plastic strips from leg?

Trooper07

You could try soaking in a bath of warm salty water.

I have also heard some have had success freezing the parts then the CA glue will crack off when pressure applied.

Most solvents will damage the plastic.

Other than that it's a case of carefully using a knife or blade and using some pressure.

• Like 1

I am from St Augustine FL , so I manage to fix the problem with slight damage to the edge of the bottom seam but the cover strip seems to hide it well. Now the only problem is I found out my thighs pieces are too thick. I'm skinny and i'm 5' 8" tall I have a few ideas what to adjust and cut but I'm still nervous about detaching the cover strips all over again ;/. Know any 501st members that can help me before rogue one comes out?

If you could post some photos that would be really helpful, Josh.  I would also get in touch with Ben (DragonTrooper).  He is the Imperial Attache for Squad 7 (N.E. Florida), and can be of assistance as well.  If you haven't already done so, I would recommend signing up at the Florida Garrison's site and introducing yourself.  Lots of great folks up there, and perhaps one of them is having an armor party you could attend.

I would also consider using E6000 instead of CA glue.  The 24 hour time to cure sucks (and the whole length needs to be clamped well, most people use magnets), but the first time you need to take any pieces apart, you'll thank yourself.  Tomorrow, or 3 years from now.

• Like 1