Redbeard

TK-4765

Mid-South Garrision

BlueSun Squad

Age      51

Height  5'9"

weight  170lbs.

Armor by   Walts Trooper Factory

you will find my full back shot at the end of the post.  the first back shot was before i dropped the knee ammo band down, sorry for the mix up.

thanks for looking

Redbeard

SANY3703.jpgSANY3675.jpgSANY3705.jpgSANY3706.jpgSANY3707.jpgSANY3708.jpgSANY3653.jpgSANY3654.jpgSANY3655.jpgSANY3656.jpgSANY3657.jpgSANY3658.jpgSANY3659.jpgSANY3660.jpgSANY3661.jpgSANY3662.jpgSANY3663.jpgSANY3664.jpgSANY3665.jpgSANY3666.jpgSANY3667.jpgSANY3668.jpgSANY3671.jpgSANY3672.jpgSANY3679.jpgSANY3681.jpgSANY3704.jpg

Hey Red!! Nice looking armor bro!! EIB should be an easy pass for you. Nice lines, great details on your helmet and a solid blaster. I would look into a couple things if you're shooting for Centurion. I would put a little more diameter on your ab buttons, check the cover strip on your left thigh....it looks like it is covering the molded ridge at the bottom and it should end before it. Maybe it is just the pic (and my failing eyesight)  I was also looking at your belt assembly. The cloth belt looks really wide to me. I know that the CRL states it can be up to 3 1/4 inches wide but it really should only be around 3...or the height of the vertical end of the plastic belt between the angled corners. Which leads me to those. They look a little enthusiastic. The angled corners of the belt are really a minimal trim just to knock off the corners. See here:post-12041-0-52422700-1477432517_thumb.jpgLastly, your holster body also looks wide. Most holsters are about 5 1/2 inches wide but perhaps it is just camera angles and bad eyes....again...

Lookin great though!!! Good luck

• Like 1

Thanks so much Steve !  I am always grateful for any advice i can get.  Once i get the EIB under my belt, i will begin working on what i need for centurion.  I will get it !!!   keeping my fingers crossed !

Looking good.

Can you post a picture of your belt with a ruler showing how wide it is?  I would do the same for your holster.  This will help clarify for your official review.

Good Luck on getting EIB Status.

Edited by CrookKnight

I went back and looked up belt size, and yes it is a bit big.  easy fix i'm sure.  Here are pics of it and holster with a ruler to give size.  i will rework the belt size.SANY3709.jpgSANY3710.jpg

I went back and looked up belt size, and yes it is a bit big.  easy fix i'm sure.  Here are pics of it and holster with a ruler to give size.  i will rework the belt size.SANY3709.jpgSANY3710.jpg

Just make sure you also adjust the width of your ammo belt at the same time to keep them in proportion.  

Everything else is looking good.

Thanks Shawn.  Waiting !  pic of the fixed left thigh .  also view of the belt.  going to work on the buttons first of next week then i will post a pic on MondaySANY3714.jpgSANY3713.jpg

i was told that the buttons on the ab plate need to be a bit bigger.   here is the new pic of the bigger buttons.  keeping my fingers crossed for the final review.

SANY3722.jpg

Hey David, thank you for your patience and EIB application. We also want to thank you for making the suggested adjustments, updating or adding required images. Let's get to it shall we.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All requested photos are present and your armor meets all the requirements set out for EIB. UKswrath and myself would like to congratulate you on achieving Expert Infantry rank!! 

Great job trooper  :duim:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section, we review suggestions made by your fellow troopers and our own observations. All go towards improving the final look of your armor.

If there is anything that would affect a future Centurion application it will be mentioned in that section at the bottom.

Well you have done a remarkable job so far, but we have a few more minor adjustments and finishing touches that can make you look even better, so lets go through those.

We still think those shoulder bells can come in a smidge moreat the top and also a small rotation forward to reduce the gap between shoulder bel and the shoulder bridge as well as the front edge of the bell to the chest plate.

SANY3703_zpsvqbnug87.jpg

Reference image

Shoulder%20gap.jpg

This is the stand out adjustment that visually is going to make big difference, and we are sure you will agree, make you look well balanced and comfortable with your look.

Three minor adjustment required here. 1. drop those Biceps down  about 1 inch.

2. raise the fore arms up by by 3/4 to an inch. This should give even gaps at the elbow and the wrist and a tidy look.

3. Rotate the fore arms inwards so their cover strips line up with  the bicep cover strips

SANY3703_zpsoqv40guq.jpg

The last suggestion in this section is simply one of  accuracy, a finishing touch finishing touch, but if you could paint those screws black on your Thermal Det, it will look perfect.

SANY3654.jpg

Reference Image

gallery_12157_59_134050-crop.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper. This is also where we try and get you in the best possible position for a successful Centurion application. We have a couple areas that will need to be fixed if you choose to shoot for Centurion.

Again only some simple adjusting will be needed to meet the CRL for Centurion

It is a requirment that the  drop boxes align with the ends of the plastic ammo belt. Perhaps a dab of glue or some Velcro will also stop them from moving around

As per CRL

For level three certification (if applicable):

• Drop boxes must have full inner drop boxes to close the back. Flat covers are not allowed.
  •  
  • Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.
  •  

SANY3707_zpsioz12nai.jpg

Reference image

awesome%20belt_zpsnrjejujt.jpg

Lastly, close up those side gaps and check their alignment at the top, although we believe the back plate only slips up when you raise your arms

SANY3708_zpswjj2vded.jpg

SANY3707_zpsplirgdrq.jpg

That's it David, you are now Expert infantry, and soon hopefully you take the plunge and give Centurion a crack.

Congratulations Trooper :jc_doublethumbup:

Thank you all so very much !!!  i am so glad to reach this point.  i will get to work on these new tips and will be putting in the app for centurion status.  Once again thank you so very much !  THIS ROCKS !!!