Scottdm62 first attempt at TK stunt build

Ok, there I am. Scottdm62, avid Cowboy fan and noob to the 501st wannabe club. Just got my armor yesterday.

30a669582009668c58bd9486cb33a566.jpg

Soon my build will start. I will be posting tons of questions I'm sure of it. With the wealth of knowledge provided here by the FISD I will be successful!!!

Long live the Empire!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by scottdm62
  • Like 3

Well, even though you are a Cowboys fan, I am obligated to assist you with any questions or concerns because you are a soon to be fellow tooper. (Go Eagles!) lol.. Good Luck next week :laugh1:.

Anyway, you are off to a great start! Keep Posting pics of your progress! We are here to help! :jc_doublethumbup: BBB is always an exciting time full of all kinds of different emotions!

Edited by Pretzel
  • Like 1

Well this is embarrassing. I'm too fat!!!! I have a lot of gap between the kidney belt and front. What is a fat man to do (other than loose weight, cause I know that's not happening)?

Ok, so I need to add shims to my kidney plate. What thickness should I get of ABS plastic?

Also when adding would putting it together with straps on both sides (kidney and ab) hurt in the approval process?

Edited by scottdm62

Copy. I searched for the following:

Large stormtrooper

Fat stormtrooper

Looked at a crap load of submission clips

And shot the bird at the computer screen in frustration.

So thank you. Alot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey buddy

Looking forward to following your build. Which kit do you have?

I saw in ukwrath's Anovos build he referred someone to this build for shim examples: Haribon72's ANH Stormtrooper NE Hero Build

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/26001-Haribon72%27s-ANH-Stormtrooper-NE-Hero-Build&share_tid=26001&share_fid=44557&share_type=t

HTH

Sent from my DH77 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sorry, not sure if it linked correctly, but if you search for "shim" I now there's a point where he adds shims to his thighs...

Btw, it sounds like we have similar... dimensions.... so I'll be keen to see how you go

Sent from my DH77 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So I keep seeing the term "return edge", is this the bend at the tops and bottom of the armor?

Also I'm seeing some talk about using Velcro on the forearms, is that acceptable? If I do that I wont have to cut what I think are the return edges.

Edited by scottdm62

So I keep seeing the term "return edge", is this the bend at the tops and bottom of the armor?

Also I'm seeing some talk about using Velcro on the forearms, is that acceptable? If I do that I wont have to cut what I think are the return edges.

From the CRL: ( http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt )

Forearms

For 501st approval:

• Forearms are fully closed. 

For level two certification (if applicable): For level three certification (if applicable):

• No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed.
  • Forearms must be constructed using the butt joint and cover strip method. Overlap construction is not allowed.

So no velcro :(

The only limb part you can leave 'open', are the shins.

• Like 1

It's the lip of armour that 'returns' back toward the body, giving the impression that the armour is much thicker than it actually is.

if you look at an ANH screenshot of a stormtrooper's chest plate, for example, on the underside where the chest overlaps the abdomen, you see a good amount of return edge, making the armour look thick.

• Like 2

:blush: Is there wiggle room in when I can remove the clamps for the E6000? Or must I wait the gosh awful 24 hours? :unsure: :unsure:

there is some wiggle room; but if you want it to be perfect then the longer the better for E6000.

I found that about 12 hours does suffice, but again the longer the better. it does say 24 is ideal.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...