TK-71508 Reporting for Duty

If Only You Knew:

- Lots of research! and when you find things you like bookmark(with a good label) or print it out.. I cant begin to tell you how many times i found myself searching for something i needed in the forums and not being able to find it!

- Have patience E6000 is really good for you if you are someone who tends to rush at things.. forces you to go slowly and look and relook at things to make sure they are right

-When cutting or sanding..removing material in general -take a little off at a time.. it may take longer but you wont have to redo/shim/patch or just buy new pieces

-Have fun with it!! I got frustrated a few times and did have to work on some other projects for a few days to clear my head and refocus

Oops!:

- when using a sander wear gloves..finger tips tend to sand quickly.. and safety glasses are always a good thing as well.

A funny thing happened on my way to the Death Star:

-lets just say the 1 piece undersuit zipper and chest hair don't mix well.....

Shout Outs:

- Thanks to Zv288bot, MoScout and SpiceCredits for their great build threads some words of wisdom and all the pictures they posted

- Ukswrath your build thread is laid out so well, and your electronics ideas are inspiring...i haven't soldered this much in years

- Thanks to my Girlfriend for getting me a belt sander, band saw and a few other tools i needed along the way!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...