Brian's Anovos ANH Stunt TK Slow Build

Tee-Kay Fisto

Figured it was time to do this

34182046245_355cd32a71_c.jpgFront test by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

First full suit up and I think it's looking pretty sweet. Fits really well with only a couple of points which are rubbing a little. Still got the protective film and some bits of painters tape on it but took the obligatory all round photos to get a better idea of how it looks. Not having the belt on means the right hand side is opened up a little bit but it will pull together easily.

33797765400_afdeb2e8da_c.jpgBack test by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

34024631092_c571cb917b_c.jpgRight test by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

33339586544_e0006af287_c.jpgLeft test by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

34182046185_d8c190dfc4_c.jpgLeft up test by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

34051163221_482fdf81e7_c.jpgRight up test by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

34051158971_95ce45bb8a_c.jpgBucket off test by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

I don't know why I look so serious in the bucket off photo as I was grinning like the joker all the time the bucket was on my head :D

After I got the armour off I realised that Manny was feeling a bit left out

34024623192_92f58929d3_c.jpgUntitled by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

Sooooo .... I let him play plastic spaceman too :smiley-sw013:

34139107986_ba1b812dce_c.jpgUntitled by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

Any thoughts or comments on how it's looking would be gladly received as I'd like to try and get approval photos in to the UKG as soon as I can, and if I can sort out any issues first it should save time in the long run.

Thanks for stopping by again

Brian

• Like 2

Got the go ahead from one of the garrison armourers to submit my photos for clearance last night. Just waiting to hear back about that now. Applied to the 501st for my TK designation number too. Hope they don't take too long.

I'll post my clearance photos here later once I'm at my pc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well done on your clearance, mate - Hope to see you at a troop soon!

Thanks Mark

Looking forward to getting out and meeting my new brothers and sisters.

Hey All

I Got my garrison clearance through this afternoon :dancing-trooper:

Here are my clearance photos

33390679683_04d42fda69_c.jpgFront by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

34160558226_0749809873_c.jpgBack by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

34201328355_de00066d41_c.jpgRight by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

33358915754_113420e60b_c.jpgLeft by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

33358915584_c6ae3f4afd_c.jpgRight Arm Up by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

33817130640_238fa5eeaa_c.jpgLeft Arm Up by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

33358915694_2f1bfa326e_c.jpgAction Shot by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

34070548161_a0fc872440_c.jpgBucket Off by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

The only comment from my armourer was to paint the knee ammo pack rivets. I overlooked them as I was in a rush to get it finished. Added the shoulder strap elastic bands too.

34071602391_c45875c2a4_c.jpgKnee rivets painted by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

34071602471_583bda52ab_c.jpgShoulder elastics by brian.mcdavid, on Flickr

I want to thank everyone for the help, advice and above all the support given through this long process. Now I need to start the journey to EIB and Centurion.

Thanks again

Brian

• Like 2

With the possible exception of latex hand guards (yours are ABS, are they?) You look pretty much there already! Just remember, if you get branded, you'll need to remove that or swap shoulder bells for EIB and Centurion approval ;)

Got latex hand guards to glue onto the rubber gloves. Using the ABS hand guards with nomex gloves for comfort. Not sure I understand what you mean about "branded' and swapping the shoulder bells? Need to try and find an induction troop but don't know where to start.

Thanks for the kind words on the armour.

Got latex hand guards to glue onto the rubber gloves. Using the ABS hand guards with nomex gloves for comfort. Not sure I understand what you mean about "branded' and swapping the shoulder bells? Need to try and find an induction troop but don't know where to start.

Thanks for the kind words on the armour.

You'll get 'branded' on the left shoulder bell, with the UKG decal, on your first troop. This decal isn't allowed when submitting EIB and Centurion photos here, so you can either remove it each time, to be subsequently rebranded or swap shoulder bells so the decal isn't on show.

Do you have full access to the UKG events section? You'll also get into the closed ISS Facebook page, if you're on FB?

I realised what the branding was as soon as I sent last post. I think I have full access to events page but the first event I'm free for is the LEGO store Glasgow on may 5th but is not an induction event. Just sent a join request to ISS fb group. It'll take me a while to figure this all out as I'm not one for social media

With the possible exception of latex hand guards (yours are ABS, are they?) You look pretty much there already! Just remember, if you get branded, you'll need to remove that or swap shoulder bells for EIB and Centurion approval ;)

Don't need soft guards for EIB, get that application in!  :smiley-sw013:

Oh yeah, you'll need that for the member link oops.

As for the LEGO troop, it wouldn't be suitable for an induction really.There's an event early in May that might be able to be one but the EA isn't sure they can make it.

I'll get there in the end Chris. It's taken me "cough" 40 "cough" years to get to this point so a little longer won't hurt. I'll probably go through to the lego store and meet some of the guys.

Congrats! Looking good trooper! Well done!

Thanks Brian. Any praise coming from an artist such as you is very much appreciated.

Now that armour is safely put to one side I should be able to focus on the important stuff like blasters

I'll be at the May 5th Lego event. Maybe see you there ;) In fact, if you want, now you're cleared, you may be allowed access to 'behind the scenes'.

Congrats on getting approved. Your suit looks great and from what I can see in the picks you surely are very close to EIB at least.

Sent from my SM-J100Y using Tapatalk

Don't need soft guards for EIB, get that application in! :smiley-sw013:

Ach, I know, but it'll save him time, having to re-take numerous pics etc, when Centurion calls.

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations!

Thanks Chris. Your build on the UKG was one of the first ones I read after getting onto the forums. I followed your progress keenly as I was going down the same route all be it a lot slower. Still not good with forum life but getting there

• Like 1