I gotz Da FX Ahmah!!

spoox

I received my FX lite last week and whoaaa it is so cool!! I am touching the armor parts, smelled them, held them together to see how it looks and I tell ya.. I can't wait to start on this project!!

It will be tricky since I am female... but, I managed to do it with my Captain Rex clone so this should work too.

Here is a pic of my current Rex phase 1 test fit:

fullfit2.jpg

Some minor finished to do and waiting on the pauldron but I can say 95% finished!

On to the Storm Trooper,

I want to do the ANH version since my fiancee is doing his vader ANH style so we will make a good match. I still don't really know what the specifics are of the ANH besides the way the buttons look.

I have the ANH CE replica helmet that I still need to mod as well.

I am 5'9 and around 200 lbs but still loosing weight slowly so I should be able to do this.

I will post progress pictures here since I will slowly start putting this awesome suit together.

Keep checking back cuz I will need lots of advice haha :P

Nice work so far on the Cpt Rex clone armor. :) I'd love to build a set myself someday, when both time & money are more abundant than they currently are.

A good place to check up on the specifics on the nuances of ANH-style armor is the Elite Standards page here on FISD. It lists everything that is particular to each film as there are a number of differences between ANH, ESB & ROTJ. You don't have to go all out to Elite if you don't want to (although I know Paul would love it if you did!), but at least the info is there. I personally like ANH armor the best. ;)

Thanks everyone! I have already been doing a lot of reading on the how to's and what not to do's lol. I watched the youtube videos which are very helpfull and I feel quite confident in building this suit. I would love to go for the elite standards but I dunno yet. I figure I put the armor together first and then go for all the ANH details. It is awesome to see all the pictures in the elite forums too. I decided to start with the upper part first and leave the hardest for last. I have chunky legs so that will be a challenging part too. I definitely need some shims...or loose about 30 lbs haha.

• 11 months later...