I did it!

After much research and asking questions, I have finally ordered my first armor kit.<br>

I flip flopped around a few times on what I was going to get. But for my body size and shape, I think I made a good choice. <br>

I ended up buying a kit right here at the PX from MightyTank. I got a AM 2.0 kit and I'm very excited to begin this project. <br>

My reluctance and indecisiveness on getting a kit stems from a bad experience many years ago. I bought a completed stormtrooper armor from Yahoo Auctions, if you can remember when that was the place to buy. This was before eBay, Etsy or Amazon. Anyways, I received my armor and was nothing short of disappointed. I don't have a eye for screen accuracy, but this thing was obviously far from screen accurate. So all these years have gone by and I've always wanted a screen accurate armor kit, but haven't been in a position to buy it until now. Of course I exp my wife to give me crap about it. Lol. <br>

I'm sure I will have plenty of questions while I assemble this kit. My goal is to get it to centurion level. I'm thankful for the wealth of knowledge that's to be found here. You all have really helped me more than you know already. Hopefully I can return the favor in the future. Thanks!

• Like 1

Congratulations on your purchase Ron! Glad to hear your aiming for Centurion. Can't wait to see your build thread. Make sure you sign up with your local garrison as they can help also. Good Luck Future Trooper!

• Like 1

Way to go, Ron!  My first kit was AM 2.0, and I love it...  I do 99% of my Trooping in that one since I converted it to full time HWT.  Like Randy mentioned, glad to hear you are headed for Centurion right out of the box!  As you well know by now, please ask if you have any questions, and best of luck on your build!

• Like 1

Congrats Ron!  Its unfortunate that a bad mistake that many years ago has had a lasting impact.  I am happy to hear that you took another chance and started over again.  The vetted list is comprised of vendors who have a great reputation.  It is a smart move that you stuck to that list.  AM2 is a very nice kit and I'm sure you will be very happy with it.  Have fun with your armor when it arrives!