TK 70926 Reporting for Duty

I have loved Star Wars since the first time I saw the movie so very long ago, and I have always wanted to be a Stormtrooper.. or a Jawa.. Well I accomplished the Jawa.. and now... well...

Now I'm a Stormtrooper!!!!

It all started in FISD with the longest Introduction thread in FISD (or so I was told) -> find that here  All 9 Pages

Shortly after I began what has become the Longest Build thread in FISD (or so I was told) -> find that here  All 54+ pages and counting ( the building never really ends and neither will my thread most likely)

If Only I knew... the emotional roller coaster that was ahead when I started this journey. The ups and the many downs, the loops during times that I felt like I was going backwards, upside down and forward all at the same time, the cork screws of inner turmoil during times of frustration and waiting for things to arrive. The struggles with delivery times, due dates, glues, paints, research.. I could go on and on..

If Only I knew just how much all of this journey would affect my life. I would have started it sooner! I am stronger, more confident, more educated in so many new build methods and new tools. I have grown as an individual in so many ways and am having so much more fun.

Was it worth it?? YES! Every moment of it.. it was worth the journey!

Top 5 things newbs need to know (so here are 6!!) :

1) There are days it is going to suck!

2) There are times you are going to bang your head against the wall in frustration

3) You MUST research!!!

4) READ instructions, READ EM AGAIN, and AGAIN! Especially the Safety instructions on glue!

5) No.. you aren't different from the rest of us.. wear cut-proof gloves.. you WILL cut yourself!

6) Build it with friends and ask questions!!

Oops!:

I won't go on a long Rant about the set backs of my build. There were many. I won't talk about the difficulties with my order or different challenges I faced during that time.. you can read that in my build thread.

I will talk about how getting people on the phone and talking to them goes a long long way. Hearing a persons voice, getting a better understanding, and reaching out to friends in the garrison was a great help. Especially if they are in the middle of a build as well. Experienced builders can offer insight that you would never have thought of, a different approach or angle on how to tackle a problem.

The build goes so much smoother when you are surrounded by people that know and those that can offer their hands to help you.      

My Biggest oops was not massaging the putty I used to anchor my lenses to the bucket enough. I had this awesome set up, great posts to hold everything.. days past and it still wasn't dry.. I had to rip it all out and start again.. this time it worked and is solid.. again.. always read the instructions and be sure to massage "need to mix" stuff well before application!

A funny thing happened on my way to the Death Star:

At my first Armor party I had my bucket on hand and I tried to see if I could get it approved. Was a funny conversation with our very patient GML.. may be one of those "you had to be there" moments, but was something I'll never forget.

Or perhaps at that same event a friend and I tested the theory on "cut proof" gloves to see if it was true.. it was.. Laugh

Shout Outs:

-        There are so many that have been there for me during this journey - As there are so many of you.. Basically everyone in my build thread.. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING!!

• Knockerbot, TD42115, Clamps, Dart, Pyrates , 68Brick, ComradeDave, TK 2759, Airborne Trooper, dak, Sentry71, Scotty33, xanthis02, Barcatme, Barcoder, Scotty33, TKZombie, TK21029, Clamps, Dart, Dark CMF, C0bra_M3nace, r_garcia3rd, hupspring, spyder918, ABS80, Haso, THX1978, CDNGreenhorn, Pretzel, Jinsei, Cricket, Kaar121, zv288bot, SlyFox740, Tolo, sylverbard, gmrhodes13, and pewpewpew

-        A special shout out to Chilly and Torok -> You guys came to my rescue in the biggest way and I can't thank you enough for your friendship and support and helpful hands helping to get my gear done quickly with such a fast deadline.

I was approved into the 501st with my Jawa.. and I'm now pleased to announce my Stormtrooper approval...

Open the blast doors!!! TK70926 Reporting for Duty!

First official Troop - Fan Expo TK March 2016! Should be fun! Laughs :dancing-trooper:

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 3

What an epic thread and journey Angie, it has been an awesome ride right from the beginning!

You have been inspirational and my cup of coffee read every morning. I hope others will follow your lead and energy to continue to make the FISD what it is.

Fist bump Lady of the Legion - one day I hope to make it out east for one stellar troop with you and the rest of the posse - cheers Trooper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the congrats guys!

Fist bump A-Aron.. oh the journey continues.. the build is never truly done.. I have loads of work to do on it still.. heheh.. sto stay tuned.. your cup of coffee read isn't over yet! :):dancing-trooper:

Edited by Brattie

• 2 weeks later...