Fan Mounts/Brackets Void

Has anyone considered doing a run of fan brackets now that Echo has been extremely busy with work? I don't think it'll be a big deal since several people sell various fan setups already. I really just want a bracket so I can mount fans, switches, and hide my wires behind. I attempted to make my own out of acrylic but I lack all the tools to make a really nice one. If someone is willing to do a run of these or even one offs that would be awesome! 

Yes. The type of material and having someone laser cut it is a bit pricey, but the most important fact is I don't want to steel that unique idea from him and profit from it. I've had a few convos with him regarding the topic and at the moment it is what it is.

I feel like if someone used a different material it wouldn't be a big deal. It doesn't matter to me as long as it's functional. There's nothing wrong with competition. If that was the case, Evil Boy would be the only guy here allowed to sell fan kits.  Your current fan kit is basically identical with the exception that you offer several varieties on how to power it. I don't see anything wrong. Shoot, you offer a SHA after someone else had already been providing them too. People buy both, I chose yours because I liked the setup more. if there's a void in the market someone should step in. I don't think it's fair to the community to let someone corner the market especially when they have let everyone know that they have to put that on the back burner for now. It's been since February and we all understand life and other commitments come first. No one is mad at Echo. I just think there should be more options. If someone wants to PM me and avoid any drama that can offer a mount, that's fine too. It's getting hot and I lack all the tools and time to create my own at the moment. 

I feel like if someone used a different material it wouldn't be a big deal. It doesn't matter to me as long as it's functional. There's nothing wrong with competition. If that was the case, Evil Boy would be the only guy here allowed to sell fan kits.  Your current fan kit is basically identical with the exception that you offer several varieties on how to power it. I don't see anything wrong. Shoot, you offer a SHA after someone else had already been providing them too. People buy both, I chose yours because I liked the setup more. if there's a void in the market someone should step in. I don't think it's fair to the community to let someone corner the market especially when they have let everyone know that they have to put that on the back burner for now. It's been since February and we all understand life and other commitments come first. No one is mad at Echo. I just think there should be more options. If someone wants to PM me and avoid any drama that can offer a mount, that's fine too. It's getting hot and I lack all the tools and time to create my own at the moment. 

I total agree with you Jason. I looked into making something similar and still may. My decision not to make them is as stated above, not to mention the material Echo is using is only available in clear, just like his. If I could get it in any other color this story may have a different ending. I'm still looking into other materials. A bracket would make my ability to finally build and sell a harness system to power all my electronics a dream come true. I haven't given up hope, I'm just being patient.

As for my current fan systems the ONLY reason I'm making them is because Evil Boy owes me $$$ for the failed FOTK blaster disaster sales. I stated earlier this year in another thread I would continue to sell the fan kits until he steps up and pays people back. This is my way of getting my money back and serving the community ;) .  

• Like 2

Gotcha.... speaking of colors, have you looked into plastidip and even taillight tint spray? I'll be your guinea pig 

Yep, that would be a solution, and one more step in a already complicated setup. I'll keep you in mind  ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What i do is just use a scrap piece of ABS left over from my build. I actually have been wanting to find some sort of clear material to replace my current prototype with

I ordered the exact same material Echo uses but I found it in black. Enough to make 20 brackets. Echo's were laser cut, mine will be done by hand, I'll let everyone on my sales thread know how it goes.

• Like 2

I ordered the exact same material Echo uses but I found it in black. Enough to make 20 brackets. Echo's were laser cut, mine will be done by hand, I'll let everyone on my sales thread know how it goes.

Let me know! Need to find that thread....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/2/2016 at 3:28 AM, YIYO said:

Let me know! Need to find that thread....

Follow this link then find Cooling fan kits under the sales section.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 1

Follow this link then find Cooling fan kits under the sales section.

Capture-crop.jpg

I need to do this from a compiter then Tony, can't see your signature on Tapatalk

Thanks buddy!

EDIT: found your website from your profile, please delete!

Edited by YIYO

I need to do this from a compiter then Tony, can't see your signature on Tapatalk

Thanks buddy!

EDIT: found your website from your profile, please delete!

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35994-ukswraths-cooling-fan-kits/

Get me a bracket pre wired with 2 fans and switches. I already have 2 fans that will become exhaust fans. Super excited about this, Tony! 

lol hold on folks were no there yet  :laugh1:

• Like 1

The material I ordered arrived but was too thin. Reordered another sheet @ .040. Should be here in the couple days

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Add me to the list please, definitely looking forward to a bracket for these fans to clean up the inside of the helmet.  I hit up Echo, but then did a jaunt in Africa and had little connectivity to the internet and missed my opportunity, got back and now they've been discontinued. 

Just an FYI I'm not going to start a list until I've been able to successfully make them. If peeps want to stay on top of the progress just follow my SHA sales thread.

Cheers 

• Like 2