Helmet Question

Auel

Authentic / $180 https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Awakens-Stormtrooper-Helmet/dp/B0185W3R0O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1464826798&sr=8-2&keywords=first+order+stormtrooper+helmet

Anovos / $350 - https://www.amazon.com/Anovos-First-Order-Stormtrooper-Helmet/dp/B019261O3E/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1464826798&sr=8-5&keywords=first+order+stormtrooper+helmet

Hey guys, not sure if I'm suppose to post this question here.

Does anyone know the difference between the 2 above? I am very curious as they seem to be of the same build and similar quality according to the reviews.

I know the Anovos version will not be approved just out of the box, are there any troopers with approved Anovos helmet right now?

I don't know them personally but i know of people who've been approved with the anovos helmet. Right off the bat though, just looking at the seller "star wars"..? I personally never buy helmets off amazon or ebay, only through person to person or from a licensed seller. My 2 cents

I don't know them personally but i know of people who've been approved with the anovos helmet. Right off the bat though, just looking at the seller "star wars"..? I personally never buy helmets off amazon or ebay, only through person to person or from a licensed seller. My 2 cents

There's a store in town that has the Anovos in stock, just want to be sure before I make the move.

So no mods required to get approved? I'm worrying that the helmet would not match the fibreglass parts which I will be getting though.

There's a store in town that has the Anovos in stock, just want to be sure before I make the move.

So no mods required to get approved? I'm worrying that the helmet would not match the fibreglass parts which I will be getting though.

The images on the Amazon pages are of the Anovos Standard ($180) and Premier ($350) helmets. They are pretty bad cut 'n paste images so I wouldn't trust what I can't see.

If you want an Anovos bucket buy from Anovos - or a reputable dealer - only!

You mention fibreglass parts - are you getting Jimmi's kit? If so, there haven been 501st approvals using the Standard Anovos and Jimmi kit combo. Ultimately it will come down to how you finish your armour.

The images on the Amazon pages are of the Anovos Standard ($180) and Premier ($350) helmets. They are pretty bad cut 'n paste images so I wouldn't trust what I can't see.

If you want an Anovos bucket buy from Anovos - or a reputable dealer - only!

You mention fibreglass parts - are you getting Jimmi's kit? If so, there haven been 501st approvals using the Standard Anovos and Jimmi kit combo. Ultimately it will come down to how you finish your armour.

Yeah, I'm planning to get Jimmi's kit and get the helmet from Anovos. Were there past approvals for custom body kits and Anovos helmets for the TK armors?

FOTKs.

You'll find a couple of build threads on here where troopers have successfully combined Anovos and Jimmi.

Also, if you're on Facebook you can seek access to the Jimmi build group/thread. REALLY USEFUL! Look up Jimmiroquai's FOTK Armor Building.

FOTKs.

You'll find a couple of build threads on here where troopers have successfully combined Anovos and Jimmi.

Also, if you're on Facebook you can seek access to the Jimmi build group/thread. REALLY USEFUL! Look up Jimmiroquai's FOTK Armor Building.

Nice! I'll do more searches here as well  :P

Thanks for your help.  :duim:

• Like 1

Both of those helmets are the ANOVOS standard line, injection molded helmets. It typically sells for between $180 and $250 from ANOVOS. The ANOVOS Premier line helmet is made of Fiberglas and runs about $600 if you buy it from them. The ANOVOS helmets are approvable. They're pretty much the only ones in the Legion today, but others are starting to appear as well.

I'd pass, unless you want a display bucket.

A great review:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/review/B0185W3R0O/R1OSED384BQXIF/ref=cm_cr_dp_mb_rvw_2?ie=UTF8&cursor=2

And the seller, via the questions, is BAIT, Inc. That's a sketchy name.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Edited by El_Pablo

Hey guys need some help here.

I definitely triple checked the helmet for any defects and just realised that my bucket has this indent on the front.

post-28955-0-10875300-1465388833_thumb.jpg

Can this be fixed? As the store I purchase it from does not accept returns or exchanges.

Edited by Auel

Can it be fixed, really depends on your experience, if it's plastic you could I would (but be careful, if not experienced test on other plastic first) heat the area from the inside and use a rubber block either side and push it together, this may straighten it.

If you aren't that experienced with heating plastic, I would sand the area, fill with bondo (auto filler), sand, primer and paint the whole front piece.

Can it be fixed, really depends on your experience, if it's plastic you could I would (but be careful, if not experienced test on other plastic first) heat the area from the inside and use a rubber block either side and push it together, this may straighten it.

If you aren't that experienced with heating plastic, I would sand the area, fill with bondo (auto filler), sand, primer and paint the whole front piece.

Should I use a heat gun or a regular hair dryer? 

I just received my FO Stormtrooper helmet from Amazon today.  It's legit.  It is from Anovos and is the Standard line helmet.  I bought mine for $177...I think it's going for $175 today, from Amazon.com (that's the seller).  There are other sellers, but I made sure to buy mine straight from Amazon, just in case it wasn't put together by Anovos...plus they have a great return policy!  At $175...that's the cheapest I've found them...plus two day shipping!  I'll post pics here in a few minutes.