TFA Trooper WIP

Rookhelm

So, I've started a TFA trooper build.  I have a lot of work ahead of me, but I'm really looking forward to it.  I've collected some of the minor pieces (boots, gloves, undersuit, neckpiece, helmet, balaclava), but have not acquired the armor yet.  I'm working on that.  

I also got a Rifle kit that I put together to get myself warmed up.  If anyone wants to provide feedback on the rifle, I'm open to it.  It's not a perfect build, so hopefully I didn't do anything irreversable.

(sorry if the pics are large)

tS8X12X.jpg

ykfNEhx.jpg

ugXRSFm.jpg

Looking good, Brian! Where'd you source your F11D Rifle from?

Bought it from a fellow garrison member. Not sure where he got it. He bought it from someone.

I think we've got someone who made 3D printer files and shared them. The design matches from what Ive seen

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

KB Armor.  Some in-progress pics:

Trimming:

AoSEy80.jpg

Gauntlet assembly:

BZAuyOB.jpg

EINoxFT.jpg

OaO0lDV.jpg

Back/Yoke:

XWqYmFI.jpg

fmlP8IL.jpg

32foQCG.jpg

26CFMf1.jpg

Attached the ab to the kidney, and started planning the thighs:

T6FIHU4.jpg

Edited by Rookhelm
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, I seem to be having trouble with the calf/shin pieces.   Doing it by myself isn't easy either.

I'm trying to make the ankle narrow enough that the splat fits around it, but when I push the bottom part in, the top part by the back of the calf sorta swivels out and is too big.

I'm overlapping the inside and outside, trying to overlap them about an inch.  

I suppose I could butt them together and use a shim, which could give me a little more plastic to work with, but I dunno. The pieces aren't fitting too well.  This is KB's kit.

Anyone have advice or approaches for sizing the calf/shins?

So, I seem to be having trouble with the calf/shin pieces.   Doing it by myself isn't easy either.

I'm trying to make the ankle narrow enough that the splat fits around it, but when I push the bottom part in, the top part by the back of the calf sorta swivels out and is too big.

I'm overlapping the inside and outside, trying to overlap them about an inch.  

I suppose I could butt them together and use a shim, which could give me a little more plastic to work with, but I dunno. The pieces aren't fitting too well.  This is KB's kit.

Anyone have advice or approaches for sizing the calf/shins?

Hey Brian, since most of us are new to this particular armor type maybe you could post some images giving us an idea of what you concern is.

Hey Brian, since most of us are new to this particular armor type maybe you could post some images giving us an idea of what you concern is.

Yeah, I knew I should've posted some pics.  I'll try to get to it tonight.  

I think part of my problem is just needing an extra set of hands.  I can only do so much standing up, leaning over, holding the armor with one hand and trying to draw lines with the other lol

In the meantime, do you have any thoughts on overlapping vs shimming?   This kit doesn't have the glue tab like yours did.  So, I'd have to either overlap them, or use a shim and glue it that way.  

If you need pics first to have an idea on that, I understand.  I'll get them tonight.

Edited by Rookhelm

Here's some pics.  I had my wife help me tonight, and I think we have it figured out, but I still have a feeling it's not gonna fit great.  I felt it biting into the front of my ankles a little bit.  I shaved off the return edges at the bottom which helped a little.  Basically what I'm trying to do is get an inch on both sides - room enough for gluing on one side, and velcro'ing on the other

RmvRu2n.jpg

iAw20dr.jpg

xLU90wN.jpg

eMuQTco.jpg

izg5fOn.jpg

CMrmjXC.jpg

6UgORw7.jpg

8wx38kM.jpg

Q2LiSqq.jpg

LTF77y9.jpg

h5gn1U4.jpg

For starters I'd remove any shred of lower return edge. The big difference I see between my Anovos is my shins are slightly flared at the bottom as see here.

IMG_4524.jpg

As you assemble the armor make it so there's more opening at the bottom. But before doing that I would encourage you to throw on your boots so you have a better idea.

are the shin pieces expected to go over the top of the boots?

Also, I'm trying to juggle making the bottom part large enough to accomodate my ankle (and boots, I suppose) without biting, but also not being too big that the splat can't fit around it.  As it stands now, the splat will be pushing the limit to fit. 

And I have cut off the lower return edges.  Not only did that buy me about a quarter inch of space, but it reduced the biting big time.

Edited by Rookhelm