Murray's Armor Build[*FX]

Lookin good! The only thing i can see you may want to adjust is the height of your biceps, cuz at that height you will get lovely armor bites, lol, trust me. As a matter of a fact i have to raise mine a bit as well. What i did was i attached the biceps to the shoulder bells which holds them up and if you position it correctly, it helps prevent the bells from twisting towards the back, as your seem to be doin in the pic. Alos if you are going to go elite in the future, i belkive the drop boxes should have the strap in the center top of them, it looks like you have them to one side, otherwise, its looking great my freind!

Yup, it's a full FX kit, bucket and all. I've already raised the biceps about an inch to see if that will help and I've also corrected my drop boxes to be more centered.

I've been working on it on and off again for about 3 months. This is really the first time I've ever tackled something of this size, more than once this website helped me feel like I was not in WAY over my head.

Looks really good man! Congrats! :D

Excellent looking armor! I can't wait until I can fit into mine...lol.

I know you're waiting for your CE Stunt bucket to get there...I think

it will look better with your armor than the FX lid.

Excellent job on the build!

Excellent looking armor! I can't wait until I can fit into mine...lol.

You should check out Ebay and see if you can get CE Stunt lid

for your troopin' needs, it's a great bucket for $100 and a little

more screen accurate than the FX lid.

Nonetheless, you look great man! :D Congrats!

Thanks guys.

I've got a MRCE on order, should be here tomorrow.

Looking good Paul, hope to be trooping with you soon! :salute:

Better than how mine looked when I started! Some recommendations though:

1) Add a strap from your chest to your back plate.

2) Add or tighten the crotch strap - your slipping in back.

3) You'll need different gloves eventually, as you shouldn't have that strap. Nomex flight gloves are $24, or rubber ones will do.

And adjust the shoulder bells as mentioned.

Personal nit pick: I have to say I hate the current FX thighs and would recommend you move to RT at some point if possible. This is aesthetic really - I hate that much black showing in back.

I'd also like to point out that tweaking is very normal. IIRC it took me three or four sessions/troops to get mine dialed in. Heck, my TK is still getting adjusted bit by bit :-p

Better than how mine looked when I started! Some recommendations though:

1) Add a strap from your chest to your back plate.

2) Add or tighten the crotch strap - your slipping in back.

3) You'll need different gloves eventually, as you shouldn't have that strap. Nomex flight gloves are $24, or rubber ones will do.

And adjust the shoulder bells as mentioned.

Personal nit pick: I have to say I hate the current FX thighs and would recommend you move to RT at some point if possible. This is aesthetic really - I hate that much black showing in back.

I'd also like to point out that tweaking is very normal. IIRC it took me three or four sessions/troops to get mine dialed in. Heck, my TK is still getting adjusted bit by bit :-p

Thanks for the tips.

I know that once it is done, it is not done. Is anyone of us ever really finished with there armor? :)