Story of Your Nickname 2016 Edition

Snaps

I just went with my usual nickname while active duty in the Marines. Not as storied past like you guys! LOL

Perhaps you can tell us how you earned that name while in the marines?  I'm thinking in real life you're actually a dog sent to serve in the marines by Satan himself.  I mean... I might be wrong...  but I don't think so.

Maybe his dog has horns.

Perhaps you can tell us how you earned that name while in the marines? I'm thinking in real life you're actually a dog sent to serve in the marines by Satan himself. I mean... I might be wrong... but I don't think so.

I just went with my usual nickname while active duty in the Marines. Not as storied past like you guys! LOL

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Edited by Strength

I used to play a Japanese video game with my friend. One of the characters would yell out something that sounded like "boo-hickey". I liked it and tried to make it my username at a website and it was already taken so I thought "what sounds like boo.... blue!" Thus Bluehickey was born and amazingly enough, it's always available at any site I sign up at!

• Like 2

I chose Soundwave for a few reasons.  Before Star Wars my geek passion was with G1 Transformers.  Soundwave was one of my favorites with his minions.  By today's standards he's a bit dated as a micro-cassette deck, but back then it was awesome.  Fast forward to today my job is being a Submarine Sonar Technician.  His character and my job share some similarities.  And that about sums it up.  That and the Empire and Decepticons have a shared goal of ruling the galaxy with an iron fist.  Peace through tyranny.

• Like 2

I use the same one I've had since high school and most everyone minus a handful of people and my employers use it.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Alay was a name suggested to me when I was coming up with a pen & paper Star Wars RPG character way back when.  Did some cool backstory with her.

I later re-created the character for the Star Wars Galaxies MMORPG.  There I did a lot more fleshing out of the character as a Stormtrooper and met a few other super nerds in the process.

After the game shut down, I decided to get into costuming :)

• Like 1

When I was young, I was obsessed with the old Lone Ranger show. My parents would pop a VCR in, the theme song would come on, and I'd be off tearing around the house. My family came to calling me the Little Ranger, and as I grew up, soon just 'Ranger'. So my name is a throwback to the thrilling days of yesteryear. Of course, my main interest now is Star Wars and being a plastic white spaceman. :laugh1:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My name comes from the days when I was playing a lot of Halo 1&2.  I wanted something witty to show up when I killed someone or they killed me.  This way it would say "You were beat down by corporate america" or "you killed corporate america" and Xbox Live only allows 15 characters in a gamer tag.  So, CorporateAmerica becomes Corpor8America.

• Like 1

my nickname comes from when many years back(03-04) when i still joined aikido, when my 'tori' (practise partner) pin me to the ground when I'm not ready yet.... and I reflect shout out loud "Kampret" (bats in english)... so my sensei asked me....What did you just say!!??... i replied 'kacrut sensei,...kacrut.<br>

so it stuck with me.

• Like 2