Help building my Anovos kit.

Hey all. I figured id reach out here and see if anyone from the New England area could help me with my armor kit. I have had the Armor now for about three months and just cant find the time(or decent space) to get started on building my kit. Also I dont have any idea where to begin!!! The kit doesnt come with any directions or list of needed supplies to build it so Im at a loss. Where do i start? What should I have on hand ??  I honestly am to the point Im even willing to  pay someone to help me build this kit. Im just afraid Ill cut something and screw up my armor. So any suggestions guys and girls?? I am open to any and all suggestions and advice so HELP PLEASE!!

Jason

Edited by jason14x

The first cut is pretty terrifying, start with something relatively simple like the handguards. It gets easier after that.

I thought the ANOVOS kit did have instructions, or possibly it's a PDF they can email you.

Have a read through the build threads, everyone here was in the same position when we started, also get in touch with your local Garrison, get along to an armour party and see some kits up close and work being done.

It's a journey, but it is one that is well worth it!

Like others have said, have a look at ukswrath's build thread.

It's got detailed, piece by piece instructions and it should be a good reference to get you going. It is far from the only reference but it's a pretty damn good start.

Focus on one piece at a time, read as much as you can on how to assemble that specific part and do a build thread to get some guidance if you're unsure. Also, know that almost anything can be fixed, so don't panic if you ever find out you mess something up.

Measure twice, cut once and use e6000 instead of CA glue. E6000 is strong but it's not permanent, so you can undo your mistakes.

It might also be useful to set yourself up a dedicated work space. Here's mine :

8EUzTra.jpg

Finally, have fun! Take it little bits at a time. I often work on mine for only half an hour at a time. It should be fun, if it feels tedious, go do something else and come back when you feel like it...

Hi Jason and welcome! Like others have said take a look at Ukswrath build. Go slow and you will be fine. I also suggest posting your progress and asking questions, we are all here to help.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

And be sure to read the build threads of other TK builders. When you get into fitting your armor, the build threads are awesome! More than likely, someone else has already solved the issue you face. Look for someone with the same height/weight as you. And post to the forum any questions!

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anovos instructions are downloaded from their site:

-----------

Buy a set of lexan scissors, either curved or combo pack w/ curved + straight. It really speeds up cut time vs. exacto knife, less chance of injury and vastly reduces stray cuts.

I used the Anovos supplied strapping and just installed snaps on the hook side Velcro and replaced the loops w/ snap plates.

Good luck.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working