TK-10911 Reporting In

I've been cleared to troop by the UK Garrison.  I've got my induction troop booked in for the MCM ComicCon in London at the end of the month.

I've wanted a TK kit ever since I first saw members of the UKG at a work party back on 14th September 2005 (yes, I did look up the troop to get the date!).  I looked into joining around 4-5 years ago but the great wall of secrecy was too much at that time.

With the discovery of the Anovos kit last year I joined the UKG forums and started to gather info.  Whilst I had the option of ordering from more well known manufacturers I opted for the Anovos* kit, ordered a Doopy doo and started the mountain of research.

Now 10 months after ordering a long time dream has come true, onwards to EIB and Centurion.

I'd like to thank members of this board and the UKG for their help and inspiration during this build.  My E-11 especially wouldn't be as good as it is with out the massive amount of prior art by other members for me to copy and build upon.

For those embarking on their quest:

• Ask questions, people won't mind helping and give you a better result.
  • Join your local Garrisons forum.  They all have their own unique things.  For example in the UKG they require a blaster for basic, this has thrown a fair few people doing Anovos builds.
  • RESEARCH!  Find and download all the reference images from other build threads and reference them in your own to show your thinking.
  • Have fun.  I had bad days during the build.  If it's not fun, stop.  Come back another day with a clear head.
  • Pay it forward.  I was given a 10% voucher for my kit, I passed the one I got on.  I've been helping other Anovos builders in the FB group where I can. I also have made available the 3D parts I did for my blaster, and released a free IOS app for voice changer effects. Toopers helping Troopers.

TK-10911

26673601686_e5a3d928b1_z.jpg

* we really need a 2-3 character shortcode of this like other armours.

Edited by themaninthesuitcase
  • Like 8

Awesome, Chris, and well put.  Best of luck on your Centurion journey, and let us know if we can help!

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing Chris! You have definitely been an inspirational member here and displayed tremendous effort in support of Troopers Helping Troopers, and that is truly appreciated. Great write-up! ;)

• Like 1