Aker question

So May 4th will be my 1st troop!! I just finished my TK and am pretty proud of it. The only issue is that at this point I do not have a voice changer. My plan is to order one soon. What I do have is the Aker amp with mic. it is actually arriving today in the mail. Is there anything you guys recommend when using one without a voice changer? I know its not ideal but right now its all I have. Or should I just not use it at all and be a silent TK? (I sort of hate doing that cause I know there will be kids talking to me etc) Any thoughts?

Thanks! 

I'd say any voice is better then no voice.get the amp and practice some squelch clicks. A bunch of us have the amp in the chest plate. If you do that route, practice with plate on you so you can hear what it sounds like. That should get you by till you grab a ICOMM/Rom FX.

So May 4th will be my 1st troop!! I just finished my TK and am pretty proud of it. The only issue is that at this point I do not have a voice changer. My plan is to order one soon. What I do have is the Aker amp with mic. it is actually arriving today in the mail. Is there anything you guys recommend when using one without a voice changer? I know its not ideal but right now its all I have. Or should I just not use it at all and be a silent TK? (I sort of hate doing that cause I know there will be kids talking to me etc) Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Video yourself going through some phrases with the helmet on, using just the Aker, and play it back... You'll possibly be surprised at how good it sounds on its own :)

Exactly. Always great to add voice.

If you want immediate satisfaction you can download the TKVoice app on your phone to apply a voice changer.

You get a splitter for your phone that creates a speaker/mic combo. Then attach the mic to the phone and then from the phone to the speaker /aker.

Exactly. Always great to add voice.

If you want immediate satisfaction you can download the TKVoice app on your phone to apply a voice changer.

You get a splitter for your phone that creates a speaker/mic combo. Then attach the mic to the phone and then from the phone to the speaker /aker.

is that an android app?

• 4 weeks later...