franks4815162342's Doopy resin E - 11 build

So I think I got my Doopys kit way back in 2014 as well as a new/more accurate magazine from gazmosis (top notch work by the way, thanks again!). I finally got back into the swing of things and decided to unpack the kit and get it started. I have been reading and following many of the other impressive build threads and have enjoyed seeing all of the different mods being made. I have also sent out for a completion kit from T-Jay and hope to have a lot of the parts ready by the time it arrives in the mail. This is my first E-11 build and I will try to document as best I can along the way. I want to do a lot of the standard modifications I've seen and maybe try some more advanced things as the build progresses. 

For now its a bath and drying. Still in original shipping box from the UK. I think I must have moved with it 2 or 3 times by now...

C0J1zmPh.jpg

iokatWch.jpg

9HloVMIh.jpg

All the parts are here... I think. (thats a joke)

fCu78Dgh.jpg

I'll be looking at each piece of the kit to see just what needs to be sanded lightly and what will need more attention green stuff and other things if needed.

QJLqwGKh.jpg

Overall ,in my less than expert opinion, the kit seems sturdy and is full of some pretty fine detail. i plan on hitting the whole thing lightly and then going in with a small file to clean up edges. I'm really excited to get started! wish me luck. My first update should be of some parts all sanded up and fitted somewhat.

Just finished sanding and inspecting the whole deal-ee-o. Looks pretty good from what I can tell. I took a bunch off the bottom of the scope and the parts of the stock that will be visible and exposed. I still need to go in and take out major areas (like on the front sight with my hand drill and files. I'm going to try and get a lot done tonight. i have to work tomorrow. :(

fgBDV3Ih.jpg

ZJX7TTWh.jpg

front sight dust

fxOLeafh.jpg

wk1j3qyh.jpg

XNnWXUZh.jpg

Still need to fit the shape of the tube to some pieces but not much or for many. also need to look at where i need to start sanding off bits for mods that are on the way. i guess that'll be sanding and general fitting v. 2.0 - after that some detail work (enough to satisfy me at least.)

So I'm here... About to leave work and I'm wondering if I should completely carve out the rest of the front sight or leave the part that the actual sight post screws into attached and as one single piece. Accuracy wants to go one way with it... Time and labor wants to cheat. If I remove it ill wind up notching out the tube and all that. Meh... I'll think more.

(...)   I have also sent out for a completion kit from T-Jay and hope to have a lot of the parts ready by the time it arrives in the mail.   (...)

Your Completion Set is on the way already :)

(...)   I'm wondering if I should completely carve out the rest of the front sight or leave the part that the actual sight post screws into attached and as one single piece. Accuracy wants to go one way with it... Time and labor wants to cheat. If I remove it ill wind up notching out the tube and all that. Meh... I'll think more.

Ask yourself what this blaster will later be used for. If you build it for trooping, make it durable. If it will be a home display (or for minimal trooping) you can go into the details. Some (not all) details can make your blaster fragile, but there are also ways to integrate details into a blaster, made for trooping.

Here is a link to a collection of modifications (not sure if you had seen this). Check out what has already been done on other builds and to find ideas and inspiration for your own blaster. :)

• Like 1