First Troop got some Troop Rash.. :(

So, had my first troop today. Hadn't worn my suit anywhere, wasn't too rough on it but think I was rubbing up again a Sandy part of the day on my right arm.. and I think my HFX rubbed up against my thigh armor during the ride over in the box. Any suggestions on trying to fix this back up, or just consider it battle damage? Was surprised because didn't think I was rough at all. 

post-26966-0-07655900-1460254956_thumb.jpg

post-26966-0-43146300-1460254957_thumb.jpg

I use fine polish to get off marks, I'd also suggest making pouches to cover pieces for transport, mine work a treat

Thanks for the help! I got most of it off with some elbow grease and a little alcohol for me and the armor. I needed to buy some of the Novus polish and I'll try some goof off for the little spots still left with the black marking. Also going to invest in some padding foam for the box.

• Like 1

I use rubbing alcohol like Terry mentioned. I use charcoal lighter fluid on unpainted plastic.

Or you can leave it the way it is, which is also screen accurate.

• Like 1

I really like how Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work to remove those kind of marks, too.--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 2

Got to be careful with Goof Off, it seems to melt the plastic almost.. O_O

The industrial (usually in a can) will but the spray I've tried on 3 different type with no melting issues however, if your unsure always test it on an unseen area first. 

+5 on the Magic Eraser with a little moisture!

I store my blaster in my bin with my armor. I tuck all my arms, shins and thighs together and then slide my blaster inside the opening that remains.  If anything rubs, it is on the inside edges and not noticeable.

Edited by wingnut65