Cheap E-11 blaster kits

Hey FISD! I'm a newbie to trooping and I'm slowly gathering my armour. Does anyone know the cheapest way of getting an E-11 blaster (aside from modding a toy)? I'm on a really tight budget, so the cheaper the better (although quality should still be good enough to get into the 501st)

Probably Doopy doos, although I have no idea how much the latest craze of 3D printed ones cost. Durability of those would be questionable though.

Remember, you don't NEED a blaster for 501st approval, so you can spend a bit more time getting the right one if you wish.

As Sith said, DoopyDoo is one of the most flexible build options out there. You can customize, and easily add your own mods to the kit. Hyperfirm is also another route. They are solid props with no moving parts, but great for trooping and durability.

Don't forget about the Toy E-11 models out there. Im drawing a blank... but it's one of the larger toy companies that troopers use.

Edited by Vexus

As Sith said, DoopyDoo is one of the most flexible build options out there. You can customize, and easily add your own mods to the kit. Hyperfirm is also another route. They are solid props with no moving parts, but great for trooping and durability.

Don't forget about the Toy E-11 models out there. Im drawing a blank... but it's one of the larger toy companies that troopers use.

Hasbro blasters need the Doopy Doo mod kit to be remotely useful. Specifically banned at the Centurion level)

Rubies (painted black, obviously) will suffice for basic, but not EIB/Centurion. (AFAIK re EIB, definitely not Centurion without far more work than a scratch build)

The CRL says it's optional though

As I understand it, despite the confusion in the CRL, it's optional to join the 501st, but not for Centurion. They might make exceptions for people living in countries where even replica firearms are illegal. Edited by kman

Well this is kind of the case for Canada... It's nearly impossible to get good replicas through customs, our exchange rate sucks and all of the good stuff is made and shipped within Europe and the US. So what is 160 bucks USD for a nice B Grade Hyperfirm turns into over 250 CAD and can't even come into the country. 

As I understand it, despite the confusion in the CRL, it's optional to join the 501st, but not for Centurion. They might make exceptions for people living in countries where even replica firearms are illegal.

Well this is kind of the case for Canada... It's nearly impossible to get good replicas through customs, our exchange rate sucks and all of the good stuff is made and shipped within Europe and the US. So what is 160 bucks USD for a nice B Grade Hyperfirm turns into over 250 CAD and can't even come into the country.

There are lots of Canadian troopers in the 501st, and I haven't heard about specific exceptions for them, but you can always ask your GML.
  • Like 1

No, there is no exception for EIB or Centurion. Gun laws are why it's not mandatory for base approval, but for higher levels you need a screen accurate blaster (E-11 or DLT)

Fair Enough I ended up getting a resin kit, Now is a crappy painted Rubies acceptable to troop with? lol I know I'll get made fun of but I am officially done with spending on the project for a while.

Fair Enough I ended up getting a resin kit, Now is a crappy painted Rubies acceptable to troop with? lol I know I'll get made fun of but I am officially done with spending on the project for a while.

You would have to check with your GML again for that.

There has been some awesome rubies conversions done.

I've been told the Rubies blaster (painted black, obviously, and a little weathering is nice but not essential) is fine for trooping, and base level approval. Just nothing higher.
  • Like 1