Dressing a mannequin?

Assuming thigh armour is glued, therefore inflexible...

How exactly do you get the thighs onto a mannequin's legs?

My mannequin's feet are not removable, so his 90 degree feet will not allow the armour to slip on (?!)

I cut enough off the foot until I could pull the thighs over. Still works fine once the boots are on.

Cut the feet off, drill into the foot and the leg and insert steel or wood dowels to reattach them into place...

if it works kick it, if it doesn't work kick it till it does...

Edited by AWOL

I cut enough off the foot until I could pull the thighs over. Still works fine once the boots are on.

Of course!

Cut the feet off, drill into the foot and the leg and insert steel or wood dowels to reattach them into place...

Hmm... I could cut off halfway up the shin, keeping his feet permanently in the spare boots I have just for him.

I need to bend his leg so it's straighter anyway!

Nice!

This reminds me of my favorite motto:  "If all else fails, use a bigger hammer".  :)

Of course!

Hmm... I could cut off halfway up the shin, keeping his feet permanently in the spare boots I have just for him.

I need to bend his leg so it's straighter anyway!

Nice!

"His" "him"? You've named it ain't u!

This reminds me of my favorite motto: "If all else fails, use a bigger hammer". :)

Lol it's not a hammer it's an engineers knocking stick

It actually refers to something long in the dim and distant past, my 1st motorbike back in the days when they had kick starts, although tbh I don't miss them

I had to cut the heels off of my mannequin. Also had to cut abou 4" out of each arm, at the elbow, and replace the cutout section with duct tape. This will allow the arms to bend enough to get the biceps on.

On 3/13/2016 at 12:14 AM, Coastertk said:

I had to cut the heels off of my mannequin. Also had to cut abou 4" out of each arm, at the elbow, and replace the cutout section with duct tape. This will allow the arms to bend enough to get the biceps on.

Regarding the arms, you can make them sturdier but still flexible quite cheaply if you still into the upper arm and insert say 14mm steel bar then slide over that a 14mm id spring then the same with the lower arm then slide the bar that's in the lower arm into the spring joining the 2 and now has a steel spring elbow...

Examples of what this would cost in the UK (enough to do both arms)

1GGw41o.png

5vzXors.png

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

This could be a build thread :D<br><br>

Actually, this would be a great time to shorten the big fella. He's about 6ft 2", i'm 6ft, and the armour has a gap between the thighs and shins when he's wearing it.<br>

He might have to lose his knees (eek).

Edited by humperdingle