Anvos approved?

Hello. I have a general question. I ordered armor through RS propmasters but was told my size was too big. That they have recently downsized there production due to international shipping breakage.

Looking further into a complete armor set, I have heard many speak about Anvos. My question is, are they 501st approved or will I need to do modifications?

I'm really not a handy man and would like something ready to go. Thanks For Your help!

On 3/11/2016 at 10:24 PM, tkrestonva said:

Anovos doesn't offer completed costumes at this time. Only kits.

I believe they do offer completed suits along side of kits...

--------

Just that no one that I know of has received theirs yet.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I would be weary about buying a kit without it being fit to your body. If it's not right you will have to fix it. Go with a kit and learn to build, it's fun.

I have an Anovos kit and have been approved.

Edited by allan1313
  • Like 3

The Anovos armor in kit form or assembled, though not stated anywhere, is designed for someone 5'9"-6', 150-175lbs, with a 28-34" waist line. Outside those specs you may have to take away from or add to the armor for proper fitment.

• Like 2

I am 6'2" and 195 lbs with a 33" waist so I am tall and average build. So far it looks like the only issue I am going to have with the Anovos kit is I will have a 1/2"-1" gap on the AB plate to kidney joint. I can close it with tape when test fitting but it is a little uncomfortable. Out of the box it should still be basic and EI approved for my body size. For Centurion I will have to make shims, be a little uncomfortable or lose a few pounds.

Keep in mind that no armor is 501st approved out of the box. The one thing that will stop even basic approval is fit. You could buy someones Centurion approved armor and if it is not modified to fit you, you might not even get basic approval.

I bought my first kit from ANOVOS and it's totally worth it to make it with your own hands. Not to mention far cheaper in the long run if you don't already have tools for it which will accumulate more money. I don't think it's worth it to buy the completed ensemble and frankly haven't heard of anyone buying it like that yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I'll also add that I had absolutely NO experience with any form of crafting like this and I tackled my AP TK kit with relative ease. Finishing it in a short 5 weeks. It's much easier than you might think and also saves you a very pretty penny along with it actually FITTING you properly. I went untrimmed and would do untrimmed again in a heartbeat but you can go for trimmed to save you some effort. Honestly, the rest is easy beyond that point.

If you do your research, take your time and use the right tools you'll have no issues!

Edited by C0bra_M3nace