Haso's ANH Stunt TK Build - AP Armour

Remember there's a good and bad side to those mics...a white line on the good side. If the mic is free to rotate it may not work...and Bent up around chin.

• Like 1

Remember there's a good and bad side to those mics...a white line on the good side. If the mic is free to rotate it may not work...and Bent up around chin.

Thanks. Yeah I have the white line facing mouth. I'm going to test feasibility of this at a troop this weekend, but not with the Aker running. I'll report back how well this goes.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
...so this seems to be the best way I can fix my Aker mic to stay right on my mouth when I put my bucket on.

Neck strap with some 25mm elastic velcro'd at the back, then another strap that loops over the top of the head and attaches in front of ears on the neck strap.  I've then fixed the mic to the neck strap.  This keeps the mic right up to my mouth especially after putting on the bucket which is a very tight squeeze.

I tried this arrangement at AMCE last weekend - it worked sometime; without the strap across the top of my head, it often shifted the mic as I put on the bucket or the neck strap dropped.  The top strap seems to rectify both. 

87edbefe-2896-4a75-9770-1916eef55975_zps

• Like 1